home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Models    NYC - is it slow for everyone ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC - is it slow for everyone ? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Lady Smith. How old is your child( children)?
Sounds busy. I know there were few cattle calls in the past 2 weeks. Still seems like only the little kids ( babies-3) and old te kids (9-12 year olds ) had most of opportunities.

Posts: 18 | Location: NY | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Almost all castings are for kids 2/3 and then it jumps to 50 inches and up

Posts: 78 | Location: newjersey | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Almost all castings are for kids 2/3 and then it jumps to 50 inches and up

Posts: 78 | Location: newjersey | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just joined the industry, but I was hoping this wouldn't be the norm. Only one direct booking and one casting in a month and a half. A casting and hold this week though, so hopefully it's picking up a little.

Posts: 20 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: February 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
It's slow all over! I wish all of you well.

Posts: 35 | Location: Redondo Beach | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of NYBabyMomma2
posted Hide Post
Slow here as well, I am really hoping it will kick up mostly in the summer tho. I just want it to be warm in NYC. This winter was so misreble.

Posts: 50 | Location: New York | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
My busier child just turned 6 years old and is 46 inches tall. The posts are right on as it seems like the bulk of the opportunities have been for younger children, however since the last week of March it has been busier for us. I am looking forward to the warmer weather and also for more opportunities for everyone!!

Posts: 110 | Location: kids page | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Not sure which younger kids have been busy by my DS (2.5 yrs old/size 2T) has been slooooooow. Haven't been out in over a month. Here's hoping that it's a busy summer season Smiler

Posts: 17 | Location: NJ | Registered: February 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone - we are new to the game, my daughter is 10 years old, and a size 12. We've been patiently waiting for an audition since February. We are getting very impatient, but seems like its slow, based on comments. Not sure if it's the age, look, or both??? We are interested in modeling or acting, and have a manager, but... Nothing! Should we give up? Change managers? New head shots? Any advice appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ny | Registered: February 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
yes it has been much quieter than normal. We have been fortunate enough with direct bookings though. Go-sees have been very few.

Posts: 32 | Location: nj/nyc | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone!! Was wondering, what is the most common way to hear about open calls? We are with an Agency & we have an outside Manager.
We had the Manager first then I submitted independently to an agency & was picked up. Work typically comes from my Manager but I use the Agency's vouchers. In the rare cases when the agency called me directly (because Manager was on vacation or not responding to their emails)while I was on the phone with them they gave me many direct bookings & casting calls. I hope I am expressing this scenario clearly. Frowner My question/dilemma is the Manager feels too much like a middle man. I want to deal directly with an agency and I want to go to open calls. It seems like the manager is not relaying the info from the agency to me. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!!

Posts: 54 | Location: New York | Registered: March 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
P.S. I also do not understand why the agency is still going through the manager when they have since picked up my DD. Doesn't make sense to me. MY DD is a client of the Agency they are getting her jobs but sending them to a Manager why can't they send them directly to me since they signed my DD. The agency is in top 5 so I am confident they are reputable.

Posts: 54 | Location: New York | Registered: March 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scmsmom:
Not sure which younger kids have been busy by my DS (2.5 yrs old/size 2T) has been slooooooow. Haven't been out in over a month. Here's hoping that it's a busy summer season Smiler

Same here! However, my child hasn't been out since October I think. I wonder if she was dropped. I updated her pics and info though and her team got back to me and didnt mention dropping her. Luckily, this is just a hobby for us. I hope the summer is busy too so we can both keep busy Smiler

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Mindful, typically, if you have a manager first, that manager expects you to continue the relationship even if you are exclusive with the agency. The manger oversees the whole "career," so that is the reasoning behind that relationship. Since you probably got the agency connection somehow through the manager, the manger believes -- according to business practices -- that he/she is part of the relationship.

Posts: 367 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all very confusing. We have a manager, but no contract. And no auditions either. Should we try to go with an agency instead of? Or in addition to? Also, which agency's does anyone recommend for commercial/film for 10-12 yr old?

Posts: 2 | Location: Ny | Registered: February 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post