Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Choosing an Agency Login/Join

posted
We

Posts: 8 | Location: NYC | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I would say, stay with the same agency for all the kids. Funny enough my agency was interested mostly in my older DD and the youngest one starting booking more, so you never know? I would say out of that list go with Generation. They are def top tier and zuri is still new and don't know what the client list is yet and product and FFT would be considered more second tier. I will say also go with the agent you really liked as well! Congrats and Good Luck!

Posts: 33 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I would say you will definitely make your life easier going with the same agency for all 3 kids - certainly helpful when coordinating castings/bookings and sometimes they may even audition/book together!! Good luck! Did you apply to New York Models and Wilhelmina? I didn't see them on your list.

Posts: 68 | Location: NYC | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
All one agency!!! How could you possibly coordinate go-sees and bookings for 3 kids through 3 agencies? That would be a nightmare! What if 3 kids book 3 things at different places? One agent for all 3 can coordinate all that.

Posts: 353 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
One agency for three kids is easiest. I love Generation.

Posts: 28 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Love, love LOVE Generation. Smiler

Posts: 88 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of NYBabyMomma2
posted Hide Post
I think the two best are NYMM and generation

Posts: 78 | Location: New York | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stick with one agency for all 3 kids.

We've been with Generation for about 5 months or so now, and are constantly being sent on castings. They are a wonderful bunch to work with, and the other parents are great as well. I'm thrilled with them.

I've seen a few kids at castings from Zuri, not too many though (but I don't really ask, it just sometimes comes up), and a few from product.

Posts: 7 | Location: PA | Registered: August 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Once you are at a go see, I don't think the agency has anything to do with it, that's up to the kid. It is getting to the go sees that is the agency's job and some do it better then others. The other good thing about the best agencies like Generation, is there are more direct bookings, meaning you never even have to bother with a go see, your kid just gets a job based on his or her pictures. The clients trust that the agency is sending them a good kid to work with. That is a huge bonus that the big agencies have. Most of the sign ins we see are Generation, NYM and Wilhelmina. Good luck and I hope you end up with an agency you love.

Posts: 75 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
As for declining an agency's offer, we just sent a brief, gracious email thanking them for their time and interest and saying we were going in a different direction. No need for more details...they understand. And if you keep it short and sweet, you leave the door open in case you may want to go back and maybe join that agency in the future.

Posts: 353 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I would never talk negatively about anyone or any agency especially on a public forum. BUT...I will say the positive. Generation is wonderful and anyone represented by them, should feel honored. They are part of a team that works hard for the kids!

As for your questions...
*1 agency for all kids is easiest!
*I'd definitely send a short and sweet email declining the offers from other agencies.

Good luck with your decision!!

Posts: 86 | Location: NY | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mook baba
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry I was just trying to be honest about my experience (negative and positive!) when offering the feedback that was requested--similar to other posts on this site. But it's totally true, we had a weird interview there! Like bordering-on-paranoia there.
But point taken I have deleted the post (and specific reference to the agency in this reply!)

Posts: 1 | Location: New York  | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't have to delete an opinion. It's your opinion & your experience. Not every agency is not for every person. No matter how good they are

Posts: 35 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madrina:
You shouldn't have to delete an opinion. It's your opinion & your experience. Not every agency is right for every person. No matter how good they are

Posts: 35 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion but I also know that in this business, it is not good to burn any bridges. So I agree with not posting anything negative. And if you think this site is anonymous, while that is true in theory, it ends up being pretty easy to figure out who people are based on what they post. It's a small world. You never know when the wind might shift and something or someone that you didn't think was going to work out becomes your salvation. This is a crazy industry and as I said, don't burn any bridges.... My opinion is, if the agency works for you, and you are happy and your child is getting out there then who cares who you are with, good for you!
To the original poster, I agree with all three kids with one agency and good luck and enjoy this crazy ride! Try to maintain your sense of honor and your sense of humor. Best of luck to you and your kids.

Posts: 75 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post