Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Future Faces NYC Login/Join

Russell Crowe
posted
Anyone with them? I have a friend who is having a meeting with them tomorrow. Also, are they an agency or management team? Shes asking about fees and I told her standard agency fees but wasn't sure what they are. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Controversial agency. Somehow, gee whiz, discussions about this agency, even when polite and fair, get deleted. Take that as you will.

Posts: 381 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a meeting with them as well monday...They are a model management. They said there are no fees up front but that they recommend photos be done because we don't have professional ones. They offer them there I understood but left us to make final decision if we want to use professional photos or just snapshots as well as how to get them. We still have not made a decision.

Posts: 2 | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: July 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much! I am going to look for a NYC list of reputable places for her. I know in NY you tend to freelance between agencies, correct? So is it recommended to go with a Manager there?

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
In my understanding most agencies do not allow you to freelance

Posts: 1 | Location: NJ/NY | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Future Faces kids book all the big name jobs.

Posts: 8 | Location: NY | Registered: September 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear! We have been attending open castings/go sees on our own with no luck... Hope once we are represented we will book

Posts: 2 | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: July 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of peacelove
posted Hide Post
My child is with an agency for theee months.SHe had one audition.she was accepted by futurefaces . Looking for positive feedback from futurefaces clients. THanks!

Posts: 12 | Location: ny | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Personally - top kids agencies -
Ford
Wilhelmina
Generation
Product
Funnyface

Look into everything before signing or agreeing to go with an agency - also ask questions when signing a management contract = be sure the management group has the contacts and credentials to get with good agents.

Posts: 30 | Location: connecticut | Registered: May 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of peacelove
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great adviceSmiler

Posts: 12 | Location: ny | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that Future Faces is having an open call. Do they only represent kids in NY?

Posts: 1 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of peacelove
posted Hide Post
Not sure, we are not with them.They have a Facebook you can ask on there.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
There have been some pretty contentious posts about them and you should do some research on any agency/management firm before you sign with them. Check out the business name and the owners name as well. Agencies and managers can refer you to photographers or classes(everyone has favorites) but you should not be pressured to use them. BTW-my DD doesn't do print so not with any modeling agency--just basic advice to any newbie.

Posts: 37 | Location: new york | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of good general advice about the biz on the thread OhioDad started about MMG. Much of the info applies to Future Faces.

People will resist posting anything on this thread at this point because FF gets these threads removed if anything remotely critical is written. Lots of us have posted general advice only to see it deleted.

Posts: 381 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
The Parent's magazine list is good but they are missing a lot of good agencies like Innovative etc. I think the list is old. I know nothing about Future Faces or MMG so I wouldn't add those but you never know. I cannot comment on things I have no knowledge about personally

Posts: 422 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post