home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    M.O Artists Agency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M.O Artists Agency Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Why are SO MANY people called in at the drop of a hat?

Why don't they list their available models on their site, like other agencies?

Why do they use snail mail?

Why do they keep promoting photographers on their FB while asking for photographers?

Why do they not allow people to post comments on their FB page?

Posts: 1 | Location: NY | Registered: June 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I fired them, they:

-Sent me 2 auditions that I wasn't the right type for at all/failure of common sense (e.g. AUTHENTIC German accent required of an American, and completely wrong race). They didn't realize their mistake till I read them the breakdowns
-Tried to send me on an audition for "Face Off", $200 day pay minus commission and NUDITY REQUIRED.

Amateur hour all day.

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles, CA  | Registered: June 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
No real respected agency will contact prospective clients. The questions I would be asking is why do they need to troll for clients. A good agency usually is getting clients referred to them by casting, managers and actors who are with them already and have credibility. If they are looking for clients, how much clout or respect do you think they have with casting? Just my opinion!

Posts: 14 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been with her (Mala) for a couple months and she sent me out to 1 open call! (That I saw myself on LA Casting).
As for now, not an agency worth your time.
They do advertise photography a lot, and when I asked her for advice and why am I not getting any auditions, she said she has NO CONNECTIONS, she submits and hopes her clients get called in.
Oh, and although I had many headshots for her to chose from, she advised I get new ones.

Posts: 4 | Location: CA | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates on M.O. Artist Agency? Since they are exclusive,does that mean I can't get a manager for her,or will she need one at this point? Currently,I manage everything. Would it be wise to keep that way for some time?

~A

~A

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post