home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Siona Entertainment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siona Entertainment Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted
I just got contacted by this agency but can't find much about them. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any info? I can't really find anything on them...

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
That makes two of us.

How did they contact you?

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 990 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
They called me.

They're in the call sheets and were apart of one of my mass email submissions.

I guess if no one has any info I will just take the meeting and report back.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I took the meeting and here was my experience:

The meeting was in 2500 Broadway in Santa Monica. NOT the address listed on the website. (After further research I found the address on the site is an actual office building, however it also rents itself out as a virtual office. Not sure if this agency is doing that or not.. but why would you need an office in Beverly Hills AND Santa Monica?).

The office I went to was very nice, however it was also pretty clear that he was just renting a room in the very large office suite. The room was completely bare except for his laptop and a few papers on the desk.

The agents name is Ron Termeforoosh. He was the only one in the meeting. He said he wanted his assistant to be present, but he couldn't make it. When I asked him how many agents worked in the office he gave a vague "a few others". He said he heads both the commercial and theatrical departments.

Ron is the only agent listed in the call sheets and on imdb pro.

Also on imdb pro there are only 2 clients listed. I know that imdb isn't always accurate, but 2 seems a bit... small.

All that being said he seemed intelligent, and wasn't pushy at all. He offered me representation, but I said I have a few other meetings I want to take before I make a decision.

I can't really find anything substantial about this agency or agent. He doesn't seem like a scam (none of those kinda red flags) but still... all the above really seems sorta weird and off, right?

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I think your spidey sense is tingling. Renting office space in a virtual office is not a good sign, even for a starter agency.

Posts: 149 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
This is the truth.

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
That's the address listed on the website. Maybe they read your post...

Posts: 62 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
haha I noticed that it got changed the day after my meeting (when I started this thread).

I actually called him on the address discrepancy in the meeting. He told me that address is permanent, and Santa Monica was an additional office. Guess not! Roll Eyes

I sent them a polite "thank you, but I've decided to go in another direction" letter. Too many red flags.

After all, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone,

This was brought to our attention that some of you have been questioning Siona Entertainment. To verify a few things , FIrst Siona Entertainment does not have a virtual office we in fact have a fiscal address in burbank Ca. The address in Santa Monica was our OLD location and since relocated in Burbank. Plus the Beverly Hills Address was where our Voice over Dept. was located. We have since brought all departments under one roof In Burbank.

Now for IMDB. As you know Imdb does not always update the system or can not be a reliable place to check agents talents. Siona Entertainment has way way way more than what Imdb is showing.

There is always going to be people that are not happy one way or the other. Red flags tend to pop up no matter where you go or how big and small the agencies are. Don't always rely on what you read on the internet for this reason.

Posts: 1 | Location: Burbank | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Shut all you guys up. LOL

Posts: 8 | Location: los angeles | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
We all work in an industry than involves public image and marketing. n00bs are advised to have an honest resume because agents and CDs will see it for what it is. They're not going to tell actors when they find jive. They'll mention it amongst colleagues at best.

People will respect you if you're making honest, concrete improvements for growth. Those who put on facades aren't worth the time.

Posts: 23 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
You would think that a much stronger sales pitch would be:

"I'm a one man shop for now. I'm looking to work with any talented actor who can match my enthusiasm and work ethic. Lets start something together. You don't need to sign anything until you make $x on jobs I get for you. You can leave anytime, just pay me the standard amount on jobs outstanding. Are you ready to get started?"

That's how I would start an agency.

As an actor in that meeting you could ask one question .. "What theatrical CD's will take your call?"

Posts: 25 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Siona:
Hello Everyone,

This was brought to our attention that some of you have been questioning Siona Entertainment. To verify a few things , FIrst Siona Entertainment does not have a virtual office we in fact have a fiscal address in burbank Ca. The address in Santa Monica was our OLD location and since relocated in Burbank. Plus the Beverly Hills Address was where our Voice over Dept. was located. We have since brought all departments under one roof In Burbank.

Now for IMDB. As you know Imdb does not always update the system or can not be a reliable place to check agents talents. Siona Entertainment has way way way more than what Imdb is showing.

There is always going to be people that are not happy one way or the other. Red flags tend to pop up no matter where you go or how big and small the agencies are. Don't always rely on what you read on the internet for this reason.
But we all use the net so it'd be nice for companies that want to be taken seriously wouldn't have conflicting addresses on their sites. I'm not bothering to check how it is now but it shouldn't even be an issue and it is a legitimate concern considering how many scams there are.

Posts: 281 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sincerely hope Siona has cleaned up their act. I had the distinct displeasure of applying to Siona for an internship back in 2010.

First of all, the discrepancy in the addresses threw me off too when I researched the company on their website. They scheduled an interview with me not in their office but at a Starbucks far from their office.

The interview was so unprofessional. They basically didn't know or look at my resume and mocked accomplishment on my resume. If you can even imagine how embarrassing it was to be shouted at in a public place, that was what I faced. They asked me nonsense questions such as "What can you give us?" when they knew what my inexperience was and that I simply applying for an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.

The impression they made on me has followed me through the years. I subsequently had many positive internships and jobs after that. Whenever I asked my employers about this behavior later, they chalked it up to the company being naive and inconsequential.

Siona, I hope you realize that image is everything in the film industry. Try imagining what it is like to be on the other side and how building an establishment off of skepticism and unprofessional conduct can impede your growth.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post