Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Managers Login/Join

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Read my comment above about Royalty Rope.

Posts: 157 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by actorla23:
Oh, and I don't think he sets his clients with agents, since he works as one.

Phil Brock's Studio Talent Group is legally a tiny agency since it's State Licensed.

Mr. Truthteller59 - why would a manager go through the trouble of getting state licensed? What is the benefit of doing this?

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
So he can work as an agent and negotiate contracts.

Posts: 65 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by actorla23:
So he can work as an agent and negotiate contracts.

Exactly this!

Almost all of the managers who act as agents are NOT State Licensed. They either have to hire an entertainment lawyer or ask for an agent whom they have relationships with to help them out.

Posts: 1657 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Why not just become a talent agency?

Posts: 74 | Location: LA | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dorkkay:
Why not just become a talent agency?

Phil technically is.

He just likes to be more hands on with his clients by having beach walks with them. Can't do that with a larger client base.

Posts: 1657 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
@truth so would you say its worth a meeting with him? I have the opportunity to as well but after reading many comments aimed negatively i wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I have done my research and not sure if all the people commenting have authentic reasons or just had a meeting that left them a little scorned... thanks!

Posts: 11 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dray:
@truth so would you say its worth a meeting with him? I have the opportunity to as well but after reading many comments aimed negatively i wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I have done my research and not sure if all the people commenting have authentic reasons or just had a meeting that left them a little scorned... thanks!
let us know how it goes.........

Posts: 325 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard anything about Anthony Topman at LA Management?

Posts: 39 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post