home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Commercial Agency List
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercial Agency List Login/Join

Russell Crowe
posted
Here is the start of a commercial agency list, which consist of agencies with a commercial department and agencies completely devoted to commercials. Feel free to expand upon this list.

Innovative Artists
Paradigm Talent Agency
Abrams Artists Agency
About Face
Ann Wright Representatives
Artists Entertainment Agency
Atlas Talent Agency
Avalon Artists
Bloc NYC
Carson Kolker Organization
CESD
DDO Artists Agency
Don Buchwald & Associates
Eileen Haves Talent Representatives
Fifi Oscard Agency
Frontier Booking International
Gotham Talent Agency
Ingber and Associates
Jordan, Gill & Dornbaum
Lauren Green Agency
The Krasny Office
The Leudtke Agency
The Lisa Lax Agency
Metropolis Artists Agency
Plaza 7 Talent Agency
The Price Group Talent Agency
Ramona's Model And Talent, LLC
The Roster Agency
Sheplin-Winick Artists
Stewart Talent
TalentWorks

Posts: 139 | Location: NY | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Is this for NY to go with the other thread?

Posts: 955 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is.

Posts: 139 | Location: NY | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for this list.Do you know if sometimes they accept non union ?

Posts: 9 | Location: manhattan | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Nice list! Would be nice if we could also sort them into which level they're in Smiler

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Aminafay: Submit to them and don't say that you are "Non-union." They'll assume you're not anyway if you don't say it. That is what I've been told by agents. And some do work with non-union.

Degprinsessan: It would be difficult to rank the commercial agencies into tiers. It would be a fairly inaccurate list.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Tier 1:
Paradigm
CESD
Abrams
Buchwald
Innovative

Everything else is Tier 2.These 4 I would say are near the top of Tier 2:
JGD
DDO
Artists Entertainment
Stewart

Also, I think The Mine is working on commercials since Paula Poeta joined them last year.

Posts: 345 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Marbar,

I agree. There are a few that stand out and then everyone else is just sort of clumped into the other agencies to be quite honest. Glad you jumped in. I would say it is

1) Innovative
2) Abrams
3) Paradigm

Then CESD and Don Buchwald.

I know Stewart is probably right after that bunch.

You really think DDO is up there? Whenever commercial casting offices speak about the agencies they work most closely with, they never mention DDO- at least they haven't in my experiences with them.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Are those agencies on the West or East Coast, or nationwide? Thanks.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
JanL: Some are bicoastal, however; I wrote this list primarily for the east coast.

Marbar: Liz Lewis (A powerful commercial casting office) said that they actually call the following agencies the most: Abrams, CESD, Innovative, Paradigm, Don Buchwald & Associates, Atlas Talent, Ingber and Associates, Artists Entertainment Agency, and Krasny.

Those are the agencies, commercially, that I consistently hear are on commercial casting offices' radar.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I'm going by what I see on sign- in sheets most often.

I've seen DDO a lot recently. Atlas I have only seen on VO sign in - I don't know anyyhing about their on camera dept.

Posts: 345 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Marbar,

I'm not a big enthusiast of Atlas. I think they freelance with too many people and they have so many clients just to have a large roster.

Hmm... so DDO is up and coming. I also see they're building a legit dept. I know someone who freelances with DDO and has booked twice through them. I really like Ingber and Associates and Artists Entertainment Agency because of their down to earth, small yet influential feel. Of the larger agencies, Innovative is very nice.

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
How do you know whether they accept email submission or not? Or their submission policy in general?

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post