home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Across The Board Talent
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Across The Board Talent Login/Join

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:
I am sitting here, laughing my ass off. These posts are so transparent. Everyone defending this company is posting here for the very first time. Talk about lack of credibility. I've never heard of this company but all these posts are setting off red flags for me.

This was what I expressed in a previous post.

1-Either these people don't know that backstage records how many post you have and list the amount for everybody to see, or

2- they know, don't care, are just plain stuck on stupid. I'm going wit stuck on stupid.

Posts: 363 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO, we went with... the agent who wrote the ORIGINIAL scam email used to work for the company and when you google our agency THIS THREAD is the second thing to come up and when I found it.. felt it was HIGHLY unfair, so now we are defending the people we care about. Also, someone said my resume was not upholading my agency name that well, I guess I didnt add my Principal Role on Elementary Last season or my National Commcercial. Oops. Mind you, I am also mainly represented for Theatre and yet here I am with major Television bookings. I think you all have a very warped Idea of what an agency IS or how it even WORKS. These guys may not have the name you know because they have been around for 6 years, but the owners of the company have been in the indusrty for 20...working with casting agencies..other agents like Abrahms Artists so I dont know how you can write them off the way you have. The job is simple, get clients auditions, and then clients book jobs based on their own talent. That is what happens and this is what they do, in a more hands on way than Abrahms, Cesd and Innovative which I have worked with.
Anyway, let us know when you find an agent willing to work with you!

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Travern:
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:
I am sitting here, laughing my ass off. These posts are so transparent. Everyone defending this company is posting here for the very first time. Talk about lack of credibility. I've never heard of this company but all these posts are setting off red flags for me.

This was what I expressed in a previous post.

1-Either these people don't know that backstage records how many post you have and list the amount for everybody to see, or

2- they know, don't care, are just plain stuck on stupid. I'm going wit stuck on stupid.

Posts: 3 | Location: Nyc | Registered: August 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:
Yipes. Perri, your intentions may be good but...

- You appear to do most of your work in New Jersey (and we're talking about an LA agency)
- You list things like stand-in work and featured extra on your resume (hardly a sign of sterling professionalism; and your agency didn't tell you that?)

It's nice to have an identifiable person to deal with (unlike the others you assure us are real people), but you're not actually making your representation look very good, I'm afraid.

I found this one particularly funny.

First, "Industrials" would never go under "Film/TV" as they are not either.

But you just have to look at IMDB, according to her website this she played the character "Stella" in Non-Stop, but if you go to the page on IMDB, she is a background flight attendant.

Secondly, that Elementary credit is BS as well. There is no "Perri Lauren" in the credits, nor is there a "Leah Rutter" character. I just watched the credits, there are only three co-stars and no guest stars and none of them have either of those names.

So, if you're going to lie, don't do it so obviously and blatantly.

Posts: 1082 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Well played, Syphus. Well played...

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1104 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Ok, Maybe it's just me, but yet another BIG red flag (IMHO) is this agency's insistence upon receiving HARD COPY submissions from actors! In my experience, agencies who do this nowadays are USELESS and should be AVOIDED. There is NO e-mail address on the contact page on ATB's web site. There IS an e-mail "form", but under the e-mail form, the following note is posted:

"SUBMISSION POLICY: ​

Please mail your headshot and resume to our LA office. Mark on the envelope NEW FACES."

I suppose if one didn't "mark on the envelope NEW FACES", these idiots at ATB would have no idea that I am a "new face"....??!! (...and what if one is a middle-aged or senior actor...??? LOL "New faces" sounds stupid; "new talent" is probably what they mean to say, but I digress...) In fact, this is apparently the submission policy for actors who are interested in submitting to the *NEW YORK* office, too: they ONLY accept HARD COPY submissions and ONLY to the LA office (which is a little annoying if one is only interested in being repped by the New York office).

There are things that I liked about the 1990's, but I certainly do not miss having to do unsolicited hard copy submissions to agents and all the time, energy and not to mention $$$$ that I wasted doing those types of submissions "back in the old days". And I certainly do not ever again care to deal with an agency who insists I snail mail them an unsolicited hard copy submission!

Posts: 17 | Location: New York | Registered: January 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post