Find
Notify
Tools

IMDb Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mamager:
Agency comparisons:

I tried to compare agencies using IMDB in small market but this is what I found:

Agencies do not link to actors with low IMDB ratings or most of their talent is not on IMDB. Most people in my area had never heard of the highest rated IMDB talent agency in our area. I submitted to the agency and they were willing to sign my DD without even talking to her first!

I told you so!

IMDB rankings for agencies are BULLSHIT!

Posts: 1191 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To each their own.

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about social media services?
Like www.thesocialmediadot.com ?

Or does anyone have any other recommendations to help with exposure?

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, you can check out www.talentboostpr.com ... same type of deal but a heck of a lot cheaper than the link you posted.

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you guys offer one that actually works?
I have tried one of these for Likes, they are not real and do not stick.

My friend used TalentBoostPR.com for IMDb, and IMDb froze her StarMeter ranking and flagged her account.

My advise is to not use these sites!

Posts: 1 | Location: NY | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I don't see how IMDB is even relevant now that you can sign up and pay to add all your own credits (something I refuse to do).

Posts: 50 | Location: SoCal | Registered: August 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
None of these sites are worth a damn and only fools would consider using them. But here's the bigger issue. Let's say one of these crooks deliver and your IMDB rating goes through the roof. So what? Do you think CAA will notice and want to sign you? What's the point of all this nonsense?

There's something called common sense in this world and it saddens me that so many actors are lacking any.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 990 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
You can also get Reddit users to do it fo free!

Posts: 31 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Midwest2LA:
You can also get Reddit users to do it fo free!

Haha like that Alexander Rhodes, who really got NOTHING but a silly Cracked.com video from it.

Posts: 1191 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:
None of these sites are worth a damn and only fools would consider using them. But here's the bigger issue. Let's say one of these crooks deliver and your IMDB rating goes through the roof. So what? Do you think CAA will notice and want to sign you? What's the point of all this nonsense?

There's something called common sense in this world and it saddens me that so many actors are lacking any.

Thank you.
I used to think I can become an actor the easy way, by falling for scams which prommised me a big break,
I was wrong about that
and about you

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 22 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
I used to think I can become an actor the easy way, by falling for scams which prommised me a big break

This is tangential, but my kid recently confided in me that when the acting bug bit her at the age of 10, she thought that it would only take a few months to become a major star on the Disney Channel. Ha. After six years, countless hours of acting, singing, and dancing lessons, countless auditions, thousands of miles in the car, thousands of dollars spent, lots of books on the business of acting, lots of reading on this message board and others, a manager come and gone, getting an agent a year ago and still having to hustle, and now planning our move to L.A., she's amused at herself as she looks back on on that misconception. This is a long road.

Posts: 27 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is tangential, but my kid recently confided in me that when the acting bug bit her at the age of 10, she thought that it would only take a few months to become a major star on the Disney Channel. Ha. After six years, countless hours of acting, singing, and dancing lessons, countless auditions, thousands of miles in the car, thousands of dollars spent, lots of books on the business of acting, lots of reading on this message board and others, a manager come and gone, getting an agent a year ago and still having to hustle, and now planning our move to L.A., she's amused at herself as she looks back on on that misconception. This is a long road.

Smiler
she's fortunate to have you by her side along the way

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 22 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:

Thank you.
I used to think I can become an actor the easy way, by falling for scams which prommised me a big break,
I was wrong about that
and about you

With your very bad reputation around town I doubt very seriously anyone will cast you in anything.

Posts: 47 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it extremely hypocritical that several voices on here will tell an actor not to improve their IMDb ranking all the while they (Yes You) promote Casting Directors "Workshops" where they rape actors of their money with absolutely NO exchange.

I have found the workshops to be nothing but a SCAM.

I have improved my IMDb ranking using www.PRTalentBoost.com and since doing this I have landed a good agent, been to 3 auditions a week, and booked a local cable commercial.

So actors, do whats best for you and your circumstances. There is no right or wrong way.
Just use judgement, don't go boost your score into the the top 2000's range as that is obvious. But regardless of what is said, your ranking on the Star Meter is used by many industry professionals.

posted Hide Post
Yeah did the agent and cds say they called you in because they saw your imdb starmeter ranking?

NOPE!

It most likely was great timimg for you.

If imdb starmeter rankings were so important how come it didn't benefit jokes like Alexander Rhodes and Junie Hoang who were in the 1 and 2 digits?