Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IMDb Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Lets put it this way, when I was in the 40k range i had 10% of the interest that I am getting by being in the 10k range.

My point is you have to be somewhat realistic with your approach. If you are ranked anywhere near the top, and you have not done a substantial role then it looks completely obvious.

My viewpoint is that this business is more about money than anything else, if an agent believes he can make money with me then I will get auditions, if not then you will just sit on the books.

Again, do whats best for you. This route is working for me so I will be staying the course.

Posts: 7 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
here's something just published, showing how the whole starmeter is a scam:

http://www.heralddeparis.com/i...ation-reveals/231533

Posts: 59 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I admit I fell in this trap because I was in an acting class where the casting director was saying to a student you made the star meter.

Then I was like I want to feel important. So I found a web site where other actors work with each other and star meters. I was like this is cool. And I was getting to a point I wanted lower. Then one day it hit me when I read the bible. What the heck am I doing?

So I figure I am going to keep doing and figure if it will help me and why in find it addicting as every other actor.

I found the answer it is addicting. You feel good when it drops you feel worthy and when it goes up you feel sad even when it's small numbers. I was like I am tired of this game. I did not pay those boost but I did do a site when I help each other.

I admit it because I am hitting the market with my honest ways and being honest. I can say I am free from guilt or anything. You all can say your bullying things to me but I am just sharing that it does not do squat.

What works is this relationship is your main thing.

Promoting yourself is bad as well. What I learn I want to work with some one and let them promote me by talking about me and I will promote the project I am talk how great every one is. Instead focus on me I focus on people cause their success will reflect on me and my success will reflect on them and we both can share the numbers. It is not about us it's about working with people.

Amen

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 42 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaryTennant:
Promoting yourself is bad as well. What I learn I want to work with some one and let them promote me by talking about me and I will promote the project I am talk how great every one is. Instead focus on me I focus on people cause their success will reflect on me and my success will reflect on them and we both can share the numbers. It is not about us it's about working with people.

What???

Promoting yourself is a GOOD thing. It's called marketing; think of each of us as individual contractors that are marketing ourselves to other individuals in order to get hired (cast). It's shameless overpromotion that's bad.

Posts: 46 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to use "boostyourvictimhood.com", you can always turn to crime. Make sure it's one that would get the attention of the national media and not just the local. And let them know you're an actor. Granted, you probably won't be available for the next 15-20 years, but you have to be willing to make the hard sacrifices to increase your irrelevant IMDb rating.

How long do you think it will be until we no longer bother with credits, training & special skills and simply listing your IMDb ranking becomes the industry standard?

Nathan Will

Posts: 16 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post