Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IMDb Login/Join

posted
So I came across this link yesterday on here, and wondering if anyone has used it yet?
They say they improve your rating on IMDb

www.boostyourstar.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Oh, get real. Quit promoting your stupid, scammy site.

Posts: 202 | Location: east coast | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
and its 1 post. I didnt click and I will never click.

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Great idea! I'll boost my StarMeter into the 100's range without any recent real credits and then get called in by top agents to be ridiculed. Oh wait, agents don't look at star meters, only actors do.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Julia Roberts
posted Hide Post
Even if casting directors had even cared about the starmeter (which they haven't), they would know that it's worthless now.

Everyone knows about these losers, and what little credibility the starmeter had before is now gone.

Posts: 722 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
What?? It's useless?? But I was including that in all my submission letters! "My starmeter is now 250,000! Up from 345,000 last week! Surely that's because I'm wayyyy talented!" Rats...now I have to rely on my talent alone.

Posts: 46 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Good on all of you, especially the Canadian girl, for spotting an obvious scam. I wish all actors were as sharp as you guys.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1104 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a similar idea when all these actors post their IMDb links on Craigslist with some rubbish description so you click on their link?

Posts: 7 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Are IMDB just as useless when it comes to Company ratis? Should you use it as one way to compare agencies?

Posts: 85 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mamager:
Are IMDB just as useless when it comes to Company ratis? Should you use it as one way to compare agencies?

NO!

Do NOT pay attention to IMDB ranking with regards to agencies!

One of the WORST agencies in LA, Michael Zanuck Agency, has a high IMDB rating because he spams everyone who joins LACasting and a lot of uneducated actors search him.

Posts: 1960 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So actually if this is used the right way and timed with credits etc. it does work out well.

Posts: 7 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is funny. It's like I'm sure CD's and Agents know that their are companies out there that boost your stupid star meter and if they see some nobody in the top 10 it's kind of obvious you used one of these services, so what is the point? Oh yeah none! Smiler

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I don't think the rating means any thing unless it is super low. If it is around 2.5 million, you are obviously not maintaining the account or connected to anything.

I once I started updating my DDs account regularly the rating went under 500k. when she linked to her agent it went up. It is that simple.

Why would you pay someone to do that??

Posts: 85 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would stay clear of service like this one. Imdb knows about these company and it going after people who use it. My gf who had a normal rank of around 60-75k signed up for a month a while back and it seemed to work but within a few weeks IMDb sent her an email saying her account was flagged. Since then her star ranking has been stuck at over 500,000.

Worse still, when she demanded a refund, the douche basically told her to "f--- off".

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Agency comparisons:

I tried to compare agencies using IMDB in small market but this is what I found:

Agencies do not link to actors with low IMDB ratings or most of their talent is not on IMDB. Most people in my area had never heard of the highest rated IMDB talent agency in our area. I submitted to the agency and they were willing to sign my DD without even talking to her first!