home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Youth Theatrical Agencies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youth Theatrical Agencies Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to posting on the board but love to read it for information and it has been a blessing. I've studied SAM's top agencies list but was wondering everyone's thoughts for youth theatrical with Abrams, AEF, Clear, & Mavrick. Which is the best for youth theatrical?

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Abrams and its not close

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 35 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I hear Abrams doesn't get kids out at all. They were one we were excited about but a lot of people are pushing Clear Talent Group for boys ages 9-11 saying they get out all of the time and that Abrams only sends their top two and no one else gets out at all. With offers from all of the agencies there is a lot to think about. If anyone else has any experience with these agencies please let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Abrams youth theatrical is not the same as it was before Jennifer and Wendi left for Paradigm. Happened about a year ago and it's not nearly as good as it used to be.

Clear however is much better than it used to be because the youth agents from KSR (Jody, Bonnie and Phillip) took their youth department and migrated to Clear.

AEF and Maverick are solid kid-level boutique. But I would argue that Clear and Abrams are a bit better.

I know you didn't ask, but careful with Abrams commercial. It's HUGE...too many clients for one agent and one assistant to be able to really get out efficiently.

Posts: 341 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Candace Stewart at Venture IAB is a pretty amazing youth agent. She used to be with Brogan but left and is with Venture IAB (waayyy more reputable). She's my agent and gets me out a lot. She's real sweet. I still look young enough to be in their youth department lol Smiler

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great advice. After careful consideration my son decided to sign with Abrams Theatrically and Commercially.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper:
Thanks for all the great advice. After careful consideration my son decided to sign with Abrams Theatrically and Commercially.
lol who doesn't sign with Abrams no matter what they hear or even in your own post you feared he/she might not get sent out; it's just amusing to me. Best wishes though..

Posts: 281 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Pepper personally I think you made the right choice.....you of course know that the work is just beginning when you sign with the agent......you have an agency that all the cd's recognize in town.....but gotta meet your agent halfway in the work. You gotta stay visible with them because they do have a lot of clients.

I know a lot of people gave opinions on youth agents in this thread.....and I am not saying anything is wrong.....it matters that you click with the agent....but the name on the agency door must also be considered because ALL the CDs in town know who Abrams is.

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 35 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hi Dr.pepper, just wanted to see how it's been with Abrams in the last few months?

Posts: 3 | Location: NY | Registered: February 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper:

How is Abrams working out for your son? Did he go through Jeremy Apody?

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henleho:
Candace Stewart at Venture IAB is a pretty amazing youth agent. She used to be with Brogan but left and is with Venture IAB (waayyy more reputable). She's my agent and gets me out a lot. She's real sweet. I still look young enough to be in their youth department lol Smiler

Evaluating agents now. Between Mavrick, Coast to Coast, CESD, and Venture, how do you think Venture holds up, (if you know). Btw, I think how agents work w/you also depends on the "type" you are and whether they feel there is alot of call for you. Abrams feels my . daughters are too similar to who they already represent. Huh?

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Think that is great that the agency is telling you that! Most agencies won't take a talent if they already have someone with the same "type" of look on their roster. Especially if that actor books for the agency. That is standard industry practice.

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by foster33:
Think that is great that the agency is telling you that! Most agencies won't take a talent if they already have someone with the same "type" of look on their roster. Especially if that actor books for the agency. That is standard industry practice.

Well the verbiage in the email to me was "we are passing on these two girls. We have conflicts." which I assume means too many kids of same type.

posted Hide Post
Question for those already signed.
For commercial representation, what does the agent usually ask the kids. I want to prepare my daughter for her 3 meetings.

I assume for commercial she'll have to do a cold read of a spot; for theatrical a monologue.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry I didn't reply back about Abrams. I just now saw these posts. Yes, Abrams has been great and we love them! They always make time to chat with my DS and he loves them! And yes, he is with Jeremy Apody for Commercial and with the lovely ladies Theatrically.