home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    BlueFish Talent Management
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BlueFish Talent Management Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I've received an email from BlueFish Talent Management in L.A. stating interest in my career. I currently have no representation and no manager in Los Angeles. I did not submit to this group and I'm unsure how my email was obtained. Of course I'm curious. I would like to pursue discussions if it is a legitimate company. If not, I'd rather not spend the time and effort. Has anyone heard of this company? Also, how (other than google; already exhausted that avenue) might I verify that it is a legitimate company.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a scam. I mean, think about it. Why would they contact you out of the blue? Have you done anything to merit that attention?

And let's be honest. Who the hell would name their company "Bluefish"? That's just silly.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1078 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
They may have found you on LA Casting.

Posts: 69 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I don't see them on IMDB Pro.

Posts: 73 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a similar message from them, and am also curious about whether they are legitimate. My guess is that they found my address on la casting, since I indicate there I am seeking representation.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA  | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Many agents and managers contact potential talent direct thru casting sites that they feel might be a good fit on their roster. Only if they asked you for money should you be concerned about being scammed.

Also, so many of them start their own companies and do not have a website or IMDB because they worked under the umbrella of a larger agency or management company.

Won't hurt to reply, you never know.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reelharmony:
Hey guys,

Many agents and managers contact potential talent direct thru casting sites that they feel might be a good fit on their roster. Only if they asked you for money should you be concerned about being scammed.

Also, so many of them start their own companies and do not have a website or IMDB because they worked under the umbrella of a larger agency or management company.

Won't hurt to reply, you never know.
They should set all that up.

Posts: 340 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a newer talent management company. They are legit; I know because I just began interning for them! I came across this post when I was researching them for the internship.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter has been represented by BlueFish Talent for about 2 years now. They are legitimate, caring and hard working.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Anyone else find it amusing that these last two posters are first timers? Hmmmmmm.

Posts: 14 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: February 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post