home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Top LA Commercial Agencies
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top LA Commercial Agencies Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JiveTurkey:
Does there happen to be a list of awesome boutique agencies for commercial work? I've submitted to the original list here, but would it hurt to bother with the commercial divisions of boutique agencies? My resume is mainly made up of a lot of theater and training credits (and now one small indie credit).

SBV, Commercial Talent, BBR, LW1, Independent Artists are what would be considered boutique.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Just an advisory to anyone using this list:

I'm in the proccess of verifying that each agent is still with each talent agency on this list and some have changed.

If you're going to use this list, make sure you verify each agent before attempting to contact to make sure that they are still the right person to contact for commercials.

This is something that I would think would be pretty common knowledge to do (because things change) but I just thought I'd post it to make sure people know.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 41 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Truth, question.

I recently changed agencies where I presently live but while I was in the search of a new agency, I somehow received an email from an agency that is on this list (I did not submit to them) asking when I would be relocating to LA and would be interested in meeting me when I do move. Now my thing is, I would submit to adult divisions but this agent was out of their youth department? I am confirmed to be living in LA at the turn of the new year, so my question is, would it be better for me, when I am ready to submit that is, would it be best to continue to submit to the adult divisions as I had planned to initially or submit to youth departments seeing as I have already had interest from one agent in the youth department? And I ask this too since I tend to get submitted for roles like early college age roles.

Posts: 21 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SammieD:
Truth, question.

I recently changed agencies where I presently live but while I was in the search of a new agency, I somehow received an email from an agency that is on this list (I did not submit to them) asking when I would be relocating to LA and would be interested in meeting me when I do move. Now my thing is, I would submit to adult divisions but this agent was out of their youth department? I am confirmed to be living in LA at the turn of the new year, so my question is, would it be better for me, when I am ready to submit that is, would it be best to continue to submit to the adult divisions as I had planned to initially or submit to youth departments seeing as I have already had interest from one agent in the youth department? And I ask this too since I tend to get submitted for roles like early college age roles.

Why not submit to both youth and adults? There's no consistency between every agency. Some youth agents might think you older and some adults might think you're better for youth.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure if my real age would hinder me for the youth department which is why I was only considering adult divisions. Works for me! Thanks! Smiler

Posts: 21 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobings:

I'm in the proccess of verifying that each agent is still with each talent agency on this list and some have changed.

If you're going to use this list, make sure you verify each agent before attempting to contact to make sure that they are still the right person to contact for commercials.

This is something that I would think would be pretty common knowledge to do (because things change) but I just thought I'd post it to make sure people know.

True, and even after verifying via internet info/imdb pro I still got at least one wrong. Are you calling to verify? Is there an easy way for me to edit the original to help keep the list updated?

Posts: 2 | Location: los angeles | Registered: March 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't 100% trust IMDBPro for agent info.

Callsheet and Agency Websites (if they have one) are the more accurate sources.

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thplysththing:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobings:

True, and even after verifying via internet info/imdb pro I still got at least one wrong. Are you calling to verify? Is there an easy way for me to edit the original to help keep the list updated?

I went to their websites, and if I couldn't find anything on their website I started googling the agent's name and seeing if I could pin down their most recent location.

I sent out 25, and only got one back so it went pretty well. I forget which one, I wish I kept the envelope.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 41 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
What are the best child agencies to submit to now?

Posts: 26 | Location: Los Angeles ca | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgcmoore:
What are the best child agencies to submit to now?

CESD
Abrams
KSR
Osbrink
LA Talent
Coast to Coast

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Brandy Wilkerson-Caldwell is no longer with Bobby Ball, and has been replaced by Christine Tarallo.

Posts: 11 | Location: L.A. | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkajka:
Brandy Wilkerson-Caldwell is no longer with Bobby Ball, and has been replaced by Christine Tarallo.

Damn that was recent. I looked on their site last week and Brandy was still on there. Or are they just lazy in updating their site?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
It's been less than a month, so I assume they will update it soon!

Posts: 11 | Location: L.A. | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brandy is a very nice woman, She repped me for commercials briefly while at BBA. I hope she lands somewhere good..

Posts: 91 | Location: NY | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does Christine do Youth division - commercial or theatrical?

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post