home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Top LA Commercial Agencies
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top LA Commercial Agencies Login/Join

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mere des Jumelles:
My kids were offered print representation with CESD and we are meeting with CESD, Brogan, Avalon, Hoff and possibly Bobbie Ball and hopefully Osbrink for commercial theatrical.

Opinions on these agencies for representing older kids? The kids are pretty green to do theatrical just yet.

Brogan isn't a good agency. I know a few actors who were with them and they never got sent out once in like 6 months. I met with the guy there who handles theatrical. Less than impressed.

Posts: 265 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
Yeah. I'm trying to find out what the deal is with Abrams and if they're still strong after Mark Measures left.

I've met with the other agents at abrams long before Mark left and they were all very good...hardworking people so if they are all still there...I can't imagine that the much has dropped off from them.

Posts: 163 | Location: los angeles | Registered: April 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I believe Peter Novick is now a commercial agent (Possibly head of the department) for Abrams. He used to be my agent at Mavrick. Awesome agent.

Posts: 107 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might be a stupid question but after a few years hiatus I am looking for Commercial representation again. Currently on my profiles for the casting websites and on my hard copy resume I list "Conflicts Available On Request" under Commercials. When mailing and emailing submissions to Commercial reps should I actually list the commercials I've been in? If so, within the resume itself or highlight some within my cover letter?

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't. Talk about your conflicts in the meeting when they ask you. I wouldn't give them a reason to not bring you in.

Posts: 107 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lauren O'Brien:
This might be a stupid question but after a few years hiatus I am looking for Commercial representation again. Currently on my profiles for the casting websites and on my hard copy resume I list "Conflicts Available On Request" under Commercials. When mailing and emailing submissions to Commercial reps should I actually list the commercials I've been in? If so, within the resume itself or highlight some within my cover letter?

I've gotten meetings because I put a list of the bookings, callbacks, avails and the CDs involved in my cover letter

Posts: 1349 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I would usually put my recent commercials in my cover letter. But you risk them not reading your cover letter.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm missing it because there's soo many pages to this thread...but do to the fact that Nancy Luciano of Luciano Reeves Talent was nominated this year as Top Commercial Agent, they should be high on the list... Aren't there only like 5 agencies nominated in this category?

Posts: 12 | Location: LA | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her agency didn't exist when the last one was made.

She was with Lewis and Beal or whatever they were called then.

Posts: 1349 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Anyways, I know that list was made a couple years ago but the thread/people have been commenting and somewhat adding to the list and I was just saying she's a must on that top 5...or how ever many get nominated in that category.

Posts: 12 | Location: LA | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback!

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
What does that even mean...

Posts: 171 | Location: east coast | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
dean789 looks like a spambot. He just did some machine translation of earlier posts and machine-translated it back into English to appear on-topic. His only point was to post that link at the bottom.

Posts: 7 | Location: California | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 171 | Location: east coast | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Is this list still fairly up to date?

The last post was from September of 2013, hence why I ask.

Posts: 46 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post