home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Top LA Commercial Agencies
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top LA Commercial Agencies Login/Join

posted Hide Post
noel palm? you kidding?? he sent me out 2 times in 1 year. worst agent i ever had.

quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by yaeshy:
Hey Truth - any preference between Venture IAB and M. Green & Associates for commercial? Whudduya think? Thanks Smiler

I don't think Venture is the same withou Noel Palm.

M. Greene is a good agency. They're better theatrically but not shabby in commercials.

Posts: 5 | Location: Venice | Registered: June 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
N Palm sent me out zero times in like 6 months. i cancelled already btw.

Posts: 100 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mere des Jumelles:
quote:
Originally posted by mkajka:
Brandy Wilkerson-Caldwell is no longer with Bobby Ball, and has been replaced by Christine Tarallo.

Does Christine do Youth division - commercial or theatrical?

Christine has Adult Commercial.

Posts: 15 | Location: L.A. | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My kids were offered print representation with CESD and we are meeting with CESD, Brogan, Avalon, Hoff and possibly Bobbie Ball and hopefully Osbrink for commercial theatrical.

Opinions on these agencies for representing older kids? The kids are pretty green to do theatrical just yet.

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if there's any difference between "print representation" and "commercial representation". I thought the two were usually lumped together. Do agencies for kids actually sign just for "print" separate from commercial? I've read that print for kids isn't that lucrative so it seems odd that agents would sign up clients just for that.

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes print and commercial are completely different. Commercial agents are way too busy responding to CDs requests for commercial castings to deal with print clients, though occasionally a CD will cast for both for the same client.

You are right that repping kids for print only isn't very lucrative for an agent, as the jobs don't pay well. For print agents I think it is all about volume of bookings, as kids print tends to have several kids in one apparel ad, so often the CD will take several kids from the same print agent. I could be wrong on that last bit.

If kids are signed for print only it is frequently because the agency does not think they the kid is marketable yet commercially. Or the kids are not learning to act and only want to model.

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Truthteller,

I was just wondering if you have been updating the original post on the first page here from 2011? Can it be referred to as accurate?

Thanks!

Posts: 154 | Location: LA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I'm trying to find out what the deal is with Abrams and if they're still strong after Mark Measures left.

Posts: 1692 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
Yeah. I'm trying to find out what the deal is with Abrams and if they're still strong after Mark Measures left.

Oh, great. Thank you.

Posts: 154 | Location: LA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
How is FLICK as an agency?

Posts: 11 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
How is Vision commercially? I'm with one of the agencies on this list (without a star) and I'm looking to move up as well as find someone I would like working with more...

My friend is with Vision and goes out constantly. She offered to refer me but I didn't see them mentioned anywhere in the forums so I was unsure. She is also interested in modeling and they send her out for print sometimes. I wouldn't be opposed to modeling but its not what I'm aiming for.

Thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: January 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is Sovereign commercially? Wondering if anyone has experience with their commercial department or has heard anything. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: LA | Registered: July 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boston1111:
How is Sovereign commercially? Wondering if anyone has experience with their commercial department or has heard anything. Thanks.

I don't think it has ever come close to it's theatrical department.

Posts: 1692 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mere des Jumelles:
quote:
Originally posted by mkajka:
Brandy Wilkerson-Caldwell is no longer with Bobby Ball, and has been replaced by Christine Tarallo.

Does Christine do Youth division - commercial or theatrical?

Just Adults. And, by the way, BBA (aka Bobby Ball) does not do SAG Commercial Agreements. You'll only get a GSA. If you don't know what that is and you are SAG, check out the GSA workshop offered by SAG each month to protect yourself.

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The likelihood of Bobby Ball Agency screwing you over is extremely unlikely especially for how long they've been around and the positive reputation they have.