home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Pay to be in a movie: Magic Elevator
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pay to be in a movie: Magic Elevator Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jason whitier:
Wake up people!

I just did one of the Magic Elevator movies and I had a great experience. I put up my own money, got Associate Producer credit, we made a high quality film, I got my money back and then some.

I felt like they had a perfect part in a perfect movie that was going to showcase my acting and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got a great DVD out of it that got me an agent.

BULLSHIT!

NONE of these films are commercial successes. Who's paying to see them?

If you did get your money back, you were probably paid back Ponzi scheme style where your "profits" came from the next round of suckers.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Wow i got a Doug Stabs Betty audition too! They really do just invite everyone. Only $4,000 for a lead part. What a bunch of crap!

Posts: 1 | Location: Lala Land | Registered: August 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jason whitier:
Wake up people!

I just did one of the Magic Elevator movies and I had a great experience. I put up my own money, got Associate Producer credit, we made a high quality film, I got my money back and then some.

I felt like they had a perfect part in a perfect movie that was going to showcase my acting and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got a great DVD out of it that got me an agent.

Well heck, if this guy who joined today, has no IMDB credits, and is absolutely 100% real (I promise) thinks it's a good investment then that must be the case. I suppose congrats are in order for this awesome once in a life time opportunity to me!

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 41 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did one film with their team, invested 5k, was Assosiate Producer and now the movie is in distributors hands. They shot on good equipment, are professional and honest, we still stay in touch and are friends. And they are not getting paid. I did 2 other films that way too, with different companies. Other than throwing money in headshots, acting class etc I put it into creating a film so my career is moving forward faster.

On a higher level in acting community a lot of actors invest in producing their own movies or have own production companies; only broke actors are haters. My friend lately put 200k into one TV movie he was a lead in, it was just bought by HBO. It's all business not just art.

Posts: 1 | Location: Burbank | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
What a sad (and yet hilarious) shill.
200k? is that the guy that was offering money for a manager here, the other day?

Posts: 44 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Skyline: give us names. What movie were you in? What distributors are looking at it. If you are a producer on the film you are certainly at liberty to tell. And what movie was produced for 200k and was just bought by HBO? Who is this high level actor who put his own money into this movie.

Posts: 44 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend lately put 200k into one TV movie he was a lead in, it was just bought by HBO. It's all business not just art.

(Sarcasm on) I see tons of great movies on HBO with rich actors nobody's ever heard of in the lead roles. (Sarcasm off).

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've gotten emails from this disgusting company to audition for their last several films, including Doug Stabs Betty. Magic Elevator makes me sick, they are despicable predators who take advantage of actor desperation. no one, I repeat NO ONE should ever pay to be in a film they have to audition for. Big actors who invest in the movies they are in are involved as producers from the development stage, they don't audition for the "right" to then pay for a role.

Magic Elevator has a pretty sweet scam going, their little group gets actors to give them money, which they use to cast and hire the Magic Elevator staff ( check the credits). Then Magic E. takes a tiny sum from the pot and rents out a theater so the sad actors who have given them money feel like they are at a big premier, and the film has been "released".

Not sure if what they are doing is illegal, but it is definitely immoral. Shame on Magic Elevator, and I hope actors are smart enough to stay away.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lost Angeles  | Registered: February 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Their hit movie "Jaguar" stars the widely acclaimed (?) Berenika Bailey. She is also one of the owners of the Magic Elevator and repped by All American Rascals. I guess they couldn't find anybody with enough cash to buy the lead role. Check out the other trailers on their website before you write any checks.

I know IMDB Starmeters don't mean much but half the cast has a ranking higher than 1,000,000. More than half list "Jaguar" as their only credit.

You just can't make this stuff up ....

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an audition notice for Pain killers. Looks like they already had auditions for this one in December.

Ugh! It's so frustrating because I would pay for a good role. It would be a great way to "break in" and have an awesome piece for my demo reel and credit and experience... but who wants to be a sucker?

It looks like every movie they've done stars the owner of the company (a blonde chick with an accent that can't act).

There must be better ways to blow $5000 in order to boost an acting career.

Maybe I should start my own "Magic Elevator" production company and get actors to help me grow my career starring in movies that are made for me. Wow! (Not a bad idea)

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by borneveryminute:

There must be better ways to blow $5000 in order to boost an acting career.

Yeah, it's called almost 2 years of great training.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Holy crap!!! Guess what you guys!!

I just got an awesome opportunity by email. I have been cast as the lead in a MAJOR motion picture. Its an action/adventure/crime thriller/spy/caper/love/hate story and it is starring an awesome a-list actor guy who makes a million trillion gazillion dollars every week 'cause he's so awesome!
And I get to star in this awesome, MAJOR motion picture movie with this awesome a-list actor who is awesome.
All I have to do to get this awesome opportunity is send the director/producer/awesome movie mogul guy a cashiers check for $5000!! How awesome is that?!
And the best part is that it doesn't even matter because the awesome director/producer/awesome movie mogul guy is also a Nigerian Prince!! There was some problem with his bank here so he's going to send me a check for a million and then I send him the 5K and get o keep the rest.

So not only do I get to be the star in an awesome movie with an awesome a-list movie actor, but I'm already rich thanks to the awesome director/producer/movie mogul/Nigerian Price who picked me out of everyone else for this awesome opportunity.

Yes sir, my ship has really come in. I knew all the hard work would pay off.
Awesome.

Posts: 109 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really? Then how come I don't see any "Jason Whitier" on IMDB?

The closest name on there is "Jason Whittier" (with two "t"s), who played "Guy 2" in a low-budget movie, BUT is also listed as the screenwriter AND casting director for that project. So if that's you, it was your OWN project, not something a random person you don't know asked you to be in.

And if that's NOT you, then your "perfect part in a perfect movie" that you paid thousands of dollars to be in didn't even make it onto IMDB! Heck, my daughter's done tons of student films that made it onto IMDB, and didn't have to pay to be in them. So if you paid thousands to be in a movie and didn't even get IMDB credit, that's pretty pathetic.

Posts: 466 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You all sound like a bunch of bitter, jealous and broke actors. I made a movie with Magic Elevator last year and it was the best decision made that year.

I invested in horror movie and became a part owner of the film and an EP, like few others. I already got my investment back from international sales - they distribute their films in AFM, Hong Kong film market, cannes film market.

They know what they are doing. The chic someone mentioned, Berenika, is not an actress but a producer so you got it all mixed up. In fact she is one of the best producers I've met. There was over 30 people working in that company when I did a film with them and most of them were very accomplished with tons of awards and 30 years of big credits.

To top it off at their premiere I was approached by Abrams artists agent and got signed in.

I simply don't get this primitive hatred way of thinking just because you can't afford to create your own stuff. Actors team up to invest all the time in their own web series/shorts/their own production companies. Yet when someone invests with outside production company and on a feature out of the sudden you start the jealous scream. Shame on those who hate thinking outside the box.

Posts: 1 | Location: LA | Registered: January 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Registered today....first post...Necros a thread almost a year old.

Hmmmmmmmmm........doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

Posts: 763 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post