home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Pay to be in a movie: Magic Elevator
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pay to be in a movie: Magic Elevator Login/Join

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
To top it off at their premiere I was approached by Abrams artists agent and got signed in.

Its pretty simple to cross reference the Abrams roster to the Magic Elevator cast lists on IMDB Pro.

quote:
The chic someone mentioned, Berenika, is not an actress but a producer

Berinika reminds everybody she's not an actress every time she casts herself in one of her films.

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tori Amos:
You all sound like a bunch of bitter, jealous and broke actors. I made a movie with Magic Elevator last year and it was the best decision made that year.

I invested in horror movie and became a part owner of the film and an EP, like few others. I already got my investment back from international sales - they distribute their films in AFM, Hong Kong film market, cannes film market.

They know what they are doing. The chic someone mentioned, Berenika, is not an actress but a producer so you got it all mixed up. In fact she is one of the best producers I've met. There was over 30 people working in that company when I did a film with them and most of them were very accomplished with tons of awards and 30 years of big credits.

To top it off at their premiere I was approached by Abrams artists agent and got signed in.

I simply don't get this primitive hatred way of thinking just because you can't afford to create your own stuff. Actors team up to invest all the time in their own web series/shorts/their own production companies. Yet when someone invests with outside production company and on a feature out of the sudden you start the jealous scream. Shame on those who hate thinking outside the box.
Cool.

Posts: 322 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tori Amos:
You all sound like a bunch of bitter, jealous and broke actors. I made a movie with Magic Elevator last year and it was the best decision made that year.

I invested in horror movie and became a part owner of the film and an EP, like few others. I already got my investment back from international sales - they distribute their films in AFM, Hong Kong film market, cannes film market.

They know what they are doing. The chic someone mentioned, Berenika, is not an actress but a producer so you got it all mixed up. In fact she is one of the best producers I've met. There was over 30 people working in that company when I did a film with them and most of them were very accomplished with tons of awards and 30 years of big credits.

I simply don't get this primitive hatred way of thinking just because you can't afford to create your own stuff. Actors team up to invest all the time in their own web series/shorts/their own production companies. Yet when someone invests with outside production company and on a feature out of the sudden you start the jealous scream. Shame on those who hate thinking outside the box.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS, BERENIKA!

Posts: 1474 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Sweet Jesus.

Do these people not realize how many items they are obliviously checking off on a list which to any regular board member screams "shill"?

They might as well just sign their posts "the latest sneering shill".

Posts: 35 | Location: Erehwon | Registered: September 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chuckles guys! This is too funny to read!! OMG! I am ROTFL!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today!

Posts: 40 | Location: Southeast | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are all in wrong. It is not a true that Magic Elevator it is a bad thing. I have had worked with them in past in more than 10 films and I have had won with them a million dollars.

And I am not that producer chic actress. Do not lie about me.

Posts: 10 | Location: Hollywood CA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jason whitier:
Wake up people!

I just did one of the Magic Elevator movies and I had a great experience. I put up my own money, got Associate Producer credit, we made a high quality film, I got my money back and then some.

I felt like they had a perfect part in a perfect movie that was going to showcase my acting and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got a great DVD out of it that got me an agent.

Sounds totally legit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 45 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds totally legit.

It is leggit and you are best to believe.

Posts: 10 | Location: Hollywood CA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are all in wrong. It is not a true that Magic Elevator it is a bad thing. I have had worked with them in past in more than 10 films and I have had won with them a million dollars.

Here's a million dollar winner if I've ever seen one. The trailer for "Doug Stabs Betty". Judge for yourself.

http://shelby.tv/video/youtube...bs-betty-raw-trailer

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a million dollar winner if I've ever seen one. The trailer for "Doug Stabs Betty". Judge for yourself.

So it is comedy. What is wrong with you?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
EVEN IF it were moral/legal to produce films in this way, I'd probably still say no because the tone with which you discuss "broke actors" shows a really disrespectful attitude toward our profession.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so insulting to your potential investors? (Though I suppose it's clear that none of us will be signing on.)

Posts: 15 | Location: L.A. | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aleksandra Slaska:
quote:

So it is comedy. What is wrong with you?

Comedy implies funny...I'm still waiting.

Posts: 820 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
The only "Aleksandra Slaska" listed on IMDB is a Polish actress who died in 1989.

Posts: 472 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMR:
The only "Aleksandra Slaska" listed on IMDB is a Polish actress who died in 1989.

Awfully suspicious...probably by the KGB.

Posts: 820 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Just to play devil's advocate, is the quality any worse than other movies with a similar budget? And do we know that there's no way to make money from these? (And no, I'm not considering doing one of these. Smiler )

Posts: 45 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post