home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    NBC Diversity Scene Showcase
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NBC Diversity Scene Showcase Login/Join

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about from callbacks to picking their top 20. I feel like whenever I see anyone talking about the actual showcase itself...that it doesn't happen until late summer or maybe fall?

Posts: 30 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bez:
I'm talking about from callbacks to picking their top 20. I feel like whenever I see anyone talking about the actual showcase itself...that it doesn't happen until late summer or maybe fall?

Callbacks go through at least 3-4 rounds, after the first round of auditions (which was yesterday). This process usually last about several weeks, with the first callback commencing a week after the first round of auditions.

As it was self-submissions, everybody and their mother got accepted which means the NBC folks have about 1500-2000 minimum submissions to wade through.

Posts: 362 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnabon Monster:
Callbacks go through at least 3-4 rounds, after the first round of auditions (which was yesterday). This process usually last about several weeks, with the first callback commencing a week after the first round of auditions.

As it was self-submissions, everybody and their mother got accepted which means the NBC folks have about 1500-2000 minimum submissions to wade through.

You say 3 or 4 rounds of callbacks...Do you mean that each person who makes it to the end will have been in to see casting/(producers) 3 times or are you saying they are doing one set of callbacks in waves?

Posts: 30 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bez:
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnabon Monster:

You say 3 or 4 rounds of callbacks...Do you mean that each person who makes it to the end will have been in to see casting/(producers) 3 times or are you saying they are doing one set of callbacks in waves?

The final two callbacks are mix and matches where they pair you up with different people and see how you do. You will be seen by varying different casting executives before they come to the final decision of the 20 folks they want to showcase

Posts: 362 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post