home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    NBC Diversity Scene Showcase
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NBC Diversity Scene Showcase Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SWong37:

That's what happened with me.

I know someone that did the CBS diversity showcase and apparently got a series regular role on an NBC show this recent season.

Darn. Submitted last week and haven't gotten an eco cast invite. Frowner

Posts: 16 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
You can try submitting through the nbc site too, but I think there is a selection process for being able to turn in a video audition.

Posts: 39 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can try submitting through the nbc site too, but I think there is a selection process for being able to turn in a video audition.

Wow. Sounds really selective.

Posts: 32 | Location: here and there | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
The AA breakdown says that Everyone who submits will be asked to self-tape. Hmm... That can't be true. Everyone?

Posts: 16 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ucantlope:
The AA breakdown says that Everyone who submits will be asked to self-tape. Hmm... That can't be true. Everyone?

I saw that too. I've been doing character development on the scene I picked, but with what SWong37 said, I'll probably wait to see if I even get an invite to self-tape before I do anything else with the sides.

Posts: 32 | Location: here and there | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Just so everyone knows, I don't actually know how they pick people out at all so there very well may not be a selection process. I was thinking at the least they just make sure you're a minority of some sort.

That being said I definitely got the Eco cast invite within a day or two when I submitted through AA.

Posts: 39 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know someone that did the CBS diversity showcase and apparently got a series regular role on an NBC show this recent season.

If you're speaking of Drew Tarver, he booked a CBS show. And he's white.

That's some real diversity right there! /sarcasm

quote:
Just so everyone knows, I don't actually know how they pick people out at all so there very well may not be a selection process. I was thinking at the least they just make sure you're a minority of some sort.

Most of the people to make it to the final rounds of the selection process (and book the showcase) will be actors that already have representation and have already started to work in some capacity in TV and film, or are already pretty well known in the stand-up/improv world.

Posts: 63 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheActress/Model:

If you're speaking of Drew Tarver, he booked a CBS show. And he's white.

I am not. I did make a mistake and apparently they were in the Disney/abc one.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Got the invite! Smiler Now, to choose a scene.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Got my invite! Time to grind these sides down to pieces!

Posts: 67 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
And this is why I love this board, different experiences and opinions.

My daughter who is legal 18 got the invite to do the eco-cast, she's excited!!

Posts: 308 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Did you just post a recent headshot, then they sent you an invite to self-submit? The reason I'm asking is, a supposedly Disney casting director, who was big in 2009, but doesn't look like she's doing anything now, just posted on AA. She is casting for cable, future Disney shows, needs comedic timing, but singing and dancing (of course, it's Disney) ages to play 10-18. My kid has been performing live for the past 3 years, so her video is a little dated. I was going to send in her headshot/resume and that's it. This cd is calling it an open casting call, but I see she also goes hard on the workshop circuit. I sure hope this isn't a scammy opportunity to send out information on her new book and workshops. Thanks all.

Posts: 204 | Location: east coast | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
whos the CD?

Posts: 78 | Location: city of angels | Registered: May 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Anybody know how long the casting process is for this?

Posts: 34 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
i believe the open submissions were due by yesterday (monday).

Posts: 60 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post