home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    An Agent Tells All
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Agent Tells All Login/Join

Harrison Ford
posted
My friend, Tony Martinez, asked me to let everyone know that he just finished updating his book, "An Agent Tells All". The new version is now available exclusively as an eBook at Amazon.

The print version at Amazon is the dated one and will go off the market in a few weeks. He suggested you avoid that one.

There are only a few business of acting books out there that I think are worth a damn. This is one of them. Until I write one of my own...

http://www.amazon.com/An-Agent...s=an+agent+tells+all

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1073 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I read that and have the weird feeling that you are Tony Martinez.

eBook is the way to go, took you (him) too long!

Posts: 63 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaannd I just bought it. Thank you.

Posts: 63 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Tony is a FB friend of mine....I told him just last month how much I liked his original book. Gonna have to check out the new one.

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Sam claims that he is much more handsome then Tony Martinez

wink wink

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
This book was super insightful!

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Sold everything I own to move to LA except for a few key items. This book is one of them.

Posts: 28 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
I also own it and read it in one sitting...I'll check out the new one.

Mae

Posts: 218 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
I have passed on all your positive feedback. And I think it's funny that so many people think we're the same person. He wrote a book. I write a column. Therefore, we're the same person. That's called false logic. And seriously, if you read his book, it's like a hundred times more positive than my approach to the business.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1073 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
LOL That's not because both wrote something. It's just that "my friend asked me to let everyone know" and "he suggested...", gives me that weird feeling as I said, but I take your word for it.

Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Yep, what Kram said, but I don't want to keep pointing up things. SAM says the two are not the same. I'll just nod and smile.
As I really know nothing, it's true.

(he probably has an assistant to help working the forum by now, it seems from previous posts)

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
This is a really great book. My Mom got it for me about a year ago and I still reference it now to refresh my memory!

Posts: 16 | Location: L.A. | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
I've been along for the ride with SAM for a good while, and there are some subtle differences in the facts. Such as SAM has worked for a big 4 agency and Tony has not, and I think Tony's been in the biz a bit longer. There are also some eerie similarities like they both went to undergrad in NYC. Overall, I've concluded that SAM is not Tony.

You should do a column SAM - "Why I am NOT Tony Martinez". Then everyone will say thou doth protest too much. So you can't win. hahahahaha... Wink

Posts: 422 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: September 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great read! Thanks for the recommendation!

Posts: 1 | Location: LA | Registered: May 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:
I have passed on all your positive feedback. And I think it's funny that so many people think we're the same person. He wrote a book. I write a column. Therefore, we're the same person. That's called false logic. And seriously, if you read his book, it's like a hundred times more positive than my approach to the business.

plot twist: SAM is Tony's literary agent. Smiler

I'm spending too much time on reddit..lol

Posts: 90 | Location: NY | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post