home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Latest Theatrical Agent List?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Theatrical Agent List? Login/Join

Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 36 | Location: los angeles | Registered: December 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
because some of the ones listed like Howard Talent West are not really starter agents...they want people with good credits

Posts: 5 | Location: stratford | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MovieBuff066:
because some of the ones listed like Howard Talent West are not really starter agents...they want people with good credits

WRONG! Howard Talent West is very much a starter agency.

If you're gunning for ONLY theatrical with them, then yes you must be fairly established. Ms. Howard needs to make money. She can't if she takes a non established actor only theatrically who doesn't book film/tv roles regularly. Also, she's compensating for the fact that she's not that powerful solely as a theatrical agent.

Otherwise, it's a starter agency in that it's across the board or nothing. I have tons of friends who are with her across the board that have very little credits.

Actually the same deal with Howard Talent West goes for all of those "Starter Level" agencies. Steve Stevens is across the board or nothing unless you're already established. Same with Bobby Ball, Angel City, etc.

Posts: 1349 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerseygal8:
Not sure about Osbrink but I know CESD now does have an adult theatrical dept both in LA and NY

Nope, LA does NOT have a regular adult theatrical division. It's either youth or names

Posts: 1349 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about Susan Nathe and Associates Theatrically? She doesn't make you sign across the board and I've heard good things about her agency? Is anyone signed with her?

Posts: 3 | Location: LA | Registered: August 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by method:
What about Susan Nathe and Associates Theatrically? She doesn't make you sign across the board and I've heard good things about her agency? Is anyone signed with her?

WRONG! She makes you sign across the board because the agency is weak theatrically. You CAN'T just be with them theatrically. You can be with them just for commercials, but they're not a top 50 commercial agency.

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any info on Privilege? I met with them recently and got a super great vibe.

Posts: 31 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by MovieBuff066:

WRONG! Howard Talent West is very much a starter agency.

If you're gunning for ONLY theatrical with them, then yes you must be fairly established. Ms. Howard needs to make money. She can't if she takes a non established actor only theatrically who doesn't book film/tv roles regularly. Also, she's compensating for the fact that she's not that powerful solely as a theatrical agent.

Otherwise, it's a starter agency in that it's across the board or nothing. I have tons of friends who are with her across the board that have very little credits.

Actually the same deal with Howard Talent West goes for all of those "Starter Level" agencies. Steve Stevens is across the board or nothing unless you're already established. Same with Bobby Ball, Angel City, etc.
I'm not disagreeing with the main ideas here but I get the vibe HTW are only taking new clients for commercial rep. I'm assuming they are only taking theatrical people by referral etc. just based on my experience so that would exclude most everybody anyway that's looking for theatrical rep only lol - same difference.

Posts: 307 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Related question: I have great commercial rep and have begun looking for theatrical.Think I really need to start w/ starter agencies as I have no tv credits as of yet. In a cover letter for theatrical agent mailings, do I let them know I've been on auditions for Criminal Minds, etc even if I've not booked the roles? Thanks!

Posts: 9 | Location: los angeles | Registered: January 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Truth, I just signed with Bobby Ball theatrically, not across the board. ?

Mae

Posts: 195 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mae!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: los angeles | Registered: January 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Christee!

Posts: 195 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Christee:It definitely helps to mention you're getting out on your own.

Mae:This helps Christee as well but what did you write on your cover letter to grab the attention of Bobby Ball. Obviously your looked helped bring you in as well.

And I think most people are desperate for rep with little credit so they sign across the board but obviously mae knew her shit so she didn't sign across the board; it's amazing some people do the right thing.

Posts: 307 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maemidwest:
Truth, I just signed with Bobby Ball theatrically, not across the board. ?

Mae

Awesome.

I was under the impression that they did make you go across the board, for everyone I knew who was with them theatrically was also with them commercially.

Well then it's MOST of the theatrical starter agencies that will make you sign across the board or no deal.

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
I think I just wrote that I was seeking theatrical rep, that I was in class with XXX, and that I had booked a few roles this month. I think I also mentioned that I was a friendly, but savvy Canadian-Nebraskan or something. lol. It was VERY short and sweet. I do think, though, that it was mostly the pic. She kind of mentioned something to that effect. Who knows?!!!

Smiler
Mae