home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Latest Theatrical Agent List?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Theatrical Agent List? Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by maemidwest:
Truth, I just signed with Bobby Ball theatrically, not across the board. ?

Mae

Awesome.

I was under the impression that they did make you go across the board, for everyone I knew who was with them theatrically was also with them commercially.

Well then it's MOST of the theatrical starter agencies that will make you sign across the board or no deal.

There are always exceptions to the rule truth, you know this.

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the minimum requirements needed before submitting to a theatrical starter agency?

Posts: 7 | Location: OC | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drasnian:
What are the minimum requirements needed before submitting to a theatrical starter agency?

Unless you're a hot young 20 something year old, be at least union eligble with the ability to pay and have clips.

And with "starter" agencies, be prepared to be across the board or nothing.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 36 | Location: los angeles | Registered: December 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
is a starter agency the same as botique?

Posts: 32 | Location: here and there | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trinks:

Nope

Boutique agencies have a SELECT list of clients and multiple agents. Ie 100 clients and 3 agents

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nope

Boutique agencies have a SELECT list of clients and multiple agents. Ie 100 clients and 3 agents

Truth, can you elaborate on "select" clients? Also, is that a good ratio (3 agents to 100 clients)?

Posts: 32 | Location: here and there | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope

Truth, can you elaborate on "select" clients? Also, is that a good ratio (3 agents to 100 clients)?

SELECT=People who get callbacks almost everytime and actually book.

Hell yeah, 3 agents and 100 clients is good.

Most starter agencies are one agent and 300 clients.

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
There is a new one in Sherman Oaks called Allegory Creative Management that I think would go into either the "respected boutique" or "moving a little lower" category. Patrick Welborn who used to be one of the theatrical honchos at KSR seems to be the top agent there. Tony Martinez took his place at KSR. Does anybody know anything else about them?

It seems like either would be good to submit to this spring because Allegory doesn't have many clients yet and you have to assume that Martinez will be cleaning the deadweight out of the roster he inherited.

It's funny because I had SAM narrowed down to possibly being either Patrick or Tony and Tony seems to have moved to KSR from GVA around the time Patrick left KSR to start the new place. I could be wrong because it is def possible that all the boutique agents say the same things in the same way in interviews. Smiler

Posts: 223 | Location: Hollywood Hills | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Very helpful! I was surprised to see the Gage Group and House if Representatives that far down the list. I thought they were just beneath the big boys!

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
^CESD as well.

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Anybody know anything about Aqua Talent Group?

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howard Talent West is the worst agent I have ever had. Bonnie is a very weird, quirky, germaphobe who's roots are always showing and very confrontational via phone. I would not want her repping my worst enemy. there #1 ranked client hasn't booked since recurring on the "Waltons" which was a show from 35 years ago. please read my review below:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/howard...fliVt9N-BSA/src:self

i respect anyone's right to disagree with me, but before attacking or trying to school me keep in mind that i wrote this review with an honest account of what happened and i am publishing it HERE for your benefit. people have good & bad experiences with agents all the time. mine was BAD. hence i wrote about it to warn others. which is a worthwhile endeavor. this review is for your benefit. enjoy.

Posts: 5 | Location: Venice | Registered: June 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howard Talent West is the worst agent I have ever had. Bonnie is a very weird, quirky, germaphobe who's roots are always showing and very confrontational via phone. I would not want her repping my worst enemy. there #1 ranked client hasn't booked since recurring on the "Waltons" which was a show from 35 years ago. please read my review below:

i respect anyone's right to disagree with me, but before attacking or trying to school me keep in mind that i wrote this review with an honest account of what happened and i am publishing it HERE for your benefit. people have good & bad experiences with agents all the time. mine was BAD. hence i wrote about it to warn others. which is a worthwhile endeavor. this review is for your benefit. enjoy.

Posts: 5 | Location: Venice | Registered: June 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by makemefamous:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MovieBuff066:
because some of the ones listed like Howard Talent West are not really starter agents...they want people with good credits

WRONG! Howard Talent West is very much a starter agency.

If you're gunning for ONLY theatrical with them, then yes you must be fairly established. Ms. Howard needs to make money. She can't if she takes a non established actor only theatrically who doesn't book film/tv roles regularly. Also, she's compensating for the fact that she's not that powerful solely as a theatrical agent.

Otherwise, it's a starter agency in that it's across the board or nothing. I have tons of friends who are with her across the board that have very little credits.

Actually the same deal with Howard Talent West goes for all of those "Starter Level" agencies. Steve Stevens is across the board or nothing unless you're already established. Same with Bobby Ball, Angel City, etc.
I'm not disagreeing with the main ideas here but I get the vibe HTW are only taking new clients for commercial rep. I'm assuming they are only taking theatrical people by referral etc. just based on my experience so that would exclude most everybody anyway that's looking for theatrical rep only lol - same difference.