home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    what you guys think of Keith Wolfe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what you guys think of Keith Wolfe? Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted
i had a free consultation with him and he seemed like a very nice person.. He charges $195 to help you with your cover letter and will also refer you to agencies..has anyone worked with him before? is it worth spending the money ?

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCAMMER! It used to be $400. He writes the SAME cover letters for everyone. A friend who was an agent saved the letters and the only thing that was different was the name.

He also says good things about crappy agents like Jerry Pace and Zanuck. And so you're dumping $195 to get meetings with them, agents who call in EVERYONE who mails out to them!

Posts: 1868 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And people, STOP BUYING HIS CRAPPY BOOKS!

Posts: 1868 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I love his poetry in his Manager book:

Honesty Honesty, cries the soul
Speak the truth and attain thy goal
For failure lies hidden well within lies
The truth is handsome, it has no disguise.
Honesty Honesty, follow it's beam
For only in truth can God grant thy dream.

==========

He was an actor as a child and everyone was so pleased.
They enjoyed his antics and his cheeks were rosy from being squeezed.
When he matured and announced that he would be an actor.
They all turned their backs on him and roared with laughter.
Pay no attention. Think not of them and be what you will
A voice did say, but from where? All were gone. All was still.
Keep me with you always and I will lead you through the fire
Together we'll overcome all obstacles. My name is Desire
(that word really was in bold and italics!)

Posts: 117 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
By the way, I bought his agent book last year and compared the articles he wrote with a version a year later. Not one word changed.

I had about 10 mailings come back to me undeliverable, and he never re-imbursed me for my postage per his "guarantee." I have the e-mails to prove our interactions.

Posts: 117 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you can definitely do better.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1086 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexJ:
By the way, I bought his agent book last year and compared the articles he wrote with a version a year later. Not one word changed.

I had about 10 mailings come back to me undeliverable, and he never re-imbursed me for my postage per his "guarantee." I have the e-mails to prove our interactions.

I bet he prints out new covers and staples them onto the books that didn't sell.

The books are so outdated that they still have Endeavor in it.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
what would i do w.out your incredibly helpful answers? thank you guys so much!!! appreciate it! .. oh and one more thing , when you're emailing your stuff to agencies what do you usually put the subject line? ..

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A simple "Seeking Representation-Your Name" will suffice

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thank you Truth!!.. and i meant in subject line not the* lol ..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nairacole:
Thank you Truth!!.. and i meant in subject line not the* lol ..

I obviously knew what you really meant.

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
while others go in and out of business,his books are always on the shelf. Id stop buying his books if there was someone with the same concept to replace him.

Even creative directory stopped printing their books.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 119 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
Id stop buying his books if there was someone with the same concept to replace him.

The ONLY good agency guide is CALLSHEET!

STOP BUYING KEITH WOLFE'S SHIT!

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Here's the real scoop on Keith Wolfe. Many years ago there was a very fine man in this industry by the name of Lawrence Park. It was he who first introduced the "Agency", "Casting" and "Acting School" guides. They looked very much like the Keith Wolfe books do now. Interesting enough Park was still producing his guides when Wolfe came on the scene and guess what? Yep, they look exactly like Mr. Parks books. Now who do you suppose ripped off what from who?

Posts: 82 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post