home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    L.A. Theatrical Agency List - August 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.A. Theatrical Agency List - August 2013 Login/Join

Harrison Ford
posted
I finally got around to putting this list together. I'm sure it's not complete. I don't know a lot of the starter agencies in town. And the order is fairly subjective but I feel comfortable with the categories. Feel free to chime in with corrections and omissions.

CAA
WME
UTA
ICM Partners
Resolution

Gersh
Paradigm
APA
Innovative

Talentworks
Abrams Artists
Buchwald
SMS
IFA
Stone Manners
Greene and Associates
Kohner
KSR
Domain
Momentum

AKA
Amsel-Eisenstadt & Frazier
Bauman-Redanty & Shaul
CESD
Chasin
David Shapira
House of Representatives
Gage Group
Glick
Global Artists
GVA
Metropolitan
Osbrink
Pakula King
Pantheon
Peter Strain
Rebel
Sovereign

Angel City
Aqua
Avalon
Bobby Ball
Culbertson Group
Daniel Hoff
Defining Artists
Coast to Coast
Connor Ankrum
Corsa Agency
Ellis Talent Group
Hervey Grimes
Mavrick Artists Agency
Media Artists Group
Origin
Progressive
Rogers Orion
Savage
Stevens Group

Baron
Bicoastal
Cavaleri & Associates
Nancy Chaidez Agency
Jamie Ferrar Agency

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1030 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
A huge thank you for this, SAM!!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: los angeles | Registered: January 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much - ridiculously helpful!!!!

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CESD and Osbrink are only theatrically strong for kids/youth.

CESD recently added an adult theatrical division and we have yet to see how that goes.

Osbrink dropped their adult theatrical division after 2009.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, I think Steve Stevens is now one of those agents that has lost his sizzle and has entered "has-been" status. He repped most of the original Star Trek cast and almost anyone who was anyone during the 60s and 80s.

Nowadays, everyone I've met who was with him seems to leave him in less than 4 months.

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the list, Sam.

I struggling with the idea that IFA and Buchwald are in the same category as, say, Momentum. That doesn't ring true to me at all. Can you clarify?

Posts: 197 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Unless you just bunched all of the boutiques together, in which case, it makes sense.

Posts: 197 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
What about Clear Talent Group and Howard Talent West, I don't see them. Are the bottom ones starter agencies, haven't heard good things about a few of them.

Posts: 67 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
any thoughts on Howard Talent West and The Wayne Agency? i have meetings set up

Posts: 42 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anam_G:
any thoughts on Howard Talent West and The Wayne Agency? i have meetings set up
Clear is good for commercials. HTW probably won't get you out unless you have booked a lot on your own.

Posts: 308 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
There are six tiers here. Could someone give a description of each tier?
Like Tier 1 Mega A listers and such.
so on?
I was going to aim for tier 3,4,5 for commercial representation. Do you think with a good headshot and some training I have a chance(Commercial/improve training)?

Posts: 24 | Location: LA | Registered: July 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KayGee:
There are six tiers here. Could someone give a description of each tier?
Like Tier 1 Mega A listers and such.
so on?
I was going to aim for tier 3,4,5 for commercial representation. Do you think with a good headshot and some training I have a chance(Commercial/improve training)?

A lot of the agencies on here are strictly theatrical.

You should be submitting to all commercial agencies in the top commercials list on here. You never know.

You got to be more realistic with theatrical agencies and know who accepts emails or emvelopes and who's referral only.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I have a whole ecxel spreadsheet with which are theatric and which are Commercial. I know half of these are strictly theatrical. I have been comparing them to the other list and compiling EVERYTHING.
Abrams
AKA
CESD
Coast to Coast
Daniel Hoff
Kazarian Spencer Ruskin (KSR)
Amsel-Eisenstadt & Frazier
Angel City
Aqua
Avalon Artist
Bobby Ball

I know they were on the commercial list and they are on this list. I am still organizing my list but I should be done soon. I am checking backstage on whether they except mail in or email. I have screenshots of all the agencies on here and the commercial list IMDB page. I just wish I knew more about them and when to submit.

Am I doing to much work? haha

Posts: 24 | Location: LA | Registered: July 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Where does Littman Talent Group fall?

Posts: 6 | Location: LA | Registered: January 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lpenn:
Where does Littman Talent Group fall?

Probably in the 6th tier if that. Their top talent doesn't seem to do much. Looking at co-stars/guest-stars. But I didn't look to much.