home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    L.A. Theatrical Agency List - August 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.A. Theatrical Agency List - August 2013 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Have a friend who's kid was with Greene & Associates and their youth department is no more.

Their agent moved to Talent Works and the youth went with him, or, if they were old enough, were offered to come in and meet with the adult division. Doesn't sound like things have been so good for Greene.

Posts: 9 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
That's absurd. I love how actors make ignorant statements with complete conviction. Greene is doing great. They have a first rate list and they also had a successful pilot season. You should really learn to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1128 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I would suggest SDB Partners be added to the same category as Talentworks, Stone Manners, etc.

Posts: 12 | Location: LA  | Registered: August 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
l

Yes, I was also wondering why SDB Partners wasn't there.

Posts: 5 | Location: Hollywood Blvd | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJaeKae:
Have a friend who's kid was with Greene & Associates and their youth department is no more.

Their agent moved to Talent Works and the youth went with him, or, if they were old enough, were offered to come in and meet with the adult division. Doesn't sound like things have been so good for Greene.

Greene was NEVER known for their youth department. They're known for their ADULT theatrical and commercial departments which are still going strong.

Posts: 2111 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Man:
That's absurd. I love how actors make ignorant statements with complete conviction. Greene is doing great. They have a first rate list and they also had a successful pilot season. You should really learn to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about.

Uhm...that was a little harsh since I was simply stating that my friend's child left with Greene's former youth agent to TalentWorks. In fact, when she called Greene & Associates to ask them who was taking over for their agent, she was told that they were phasing out the youth department and her only option was to go with the agent.

Now, if an agency phasing out one of their departments means that everything is fantastic, and no one should think otherwise, then I apologize for stating that it "doesn't SOUND like things have been so good" (I don't see how that is taken as "complete conviction", but I WAS referring to them losing the youth department), but that's hardly a reason to attack someone and say they are ignorant and should keep their mouth shut for not knowing what they are talking about; especially when the information I stated is true and verifiable.

Like I said, if it was so far fetched to say that is sounds like it hasn't been so good for Greene, since they are closing a department, I apologize that I hit a nerve towards whatever stake you have in them.

And sorry for giving accurate agent change information for those looking for it on a forum about LA's Theatrical Agency List. My bad for thinking that is what forums are for, and then it is your job to go and do the research to verify, if it is an important issue to you. But to give accurate information and have a moderator or a contributor that people respect call you ignorant and to keep your mouth shut...just wow.

Posts: 9 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJaeKae:
quote:

Uhm...that was a little harsh since I was simply stating that my friend's child left with Greene's former youth agent to TalentWorks. In fact, when she called Greene & Associates to ask them who was taking over for their agent, she was told that they were phasing out the youth department and her only option was to go with the agent.

Now, if an agency phasing out one of their departments means that everything is fantastic, and no one should think otherwise, then I apologize for stating that it "doesn't SOUND like things have been so good" (I don't see how that is taken as "complete conviction", but I WAS referring to them losing the youth department), but that's hardly a reason to attack someone and say they are ignorant and should keep their mouth shut for not knowing what they are talking about; especially when the information I stated is true and verifiable.

Like I said, if it was so far fetched to say that is sounds like it hasn't been so good for Greene, since they are closing a department, I apologize that I hit a nerve towards whatever stake you have in them.

And sorry for giving accurate agent change information for those looking for it on a forum about LA's Theatrical Agency List. My bad for thinking that is what forums are for, and then it is your job to go and do the research to verify, if it is an important issue to you. But to give accurate information and have a moderator or a contributor that people respect call you ignorant and to keep your mouth shut...just wow.

Well you do often speak of having a "friend" or an "acquaintance" or you know someone who told you they signed with xyz, or had an experience with xyz, and then you sling around the information.

It comes off as if you "know" only what you hear and that you know the whole town. Perhaps you should speak only of first hand info to avoid being flamed if you're not sure.

Posts: 339 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well you do often speak of having a "friend" or an "acquaintance" or you know someone who told you they signed with xyz, or had an experience with xyz, and then you sling around the information.

It comes off as if you "know" only what you hear and that you know the whole town. Perhaps you should speak only of first hand info to avoid being flamed if you're not sure.

I come off knowing everyone in town from like 8 posts? One said a friends daughter was with the agency in question another said I was an aquaintence with someone who was with the agency in question, and the others were giving people accolades?

And as for only posting with first-hand knowledge, I suppose then that SAM is an agent with Greene & Assoc otherwise his post was hearsay. And for the love of cheese, don't tell me that Truthtellers 2000 plus posts are all first-hand knowledge.

But, I give accurate information, not info that I'm "not sure" about, but info that is factual and which might be pertinent to someone out there, get attacked for being ignorant and should keep my mouth shut from someone who obviously was the one ignorant to the situation, yet I am the one that needs to prove my worth on here.

So, let me get this straight, it is encouraged to either not post unless I have first-hand knowledge (that negates every conversation any actor ever had with another) or lie and say, for example, that it was MY daughter who had a good experience with an agency (as opposed to my neighbor), to seem "legit." I do not agree. But since it seems on this forum that everyone only wants a handful of people to post and give advice and to attack the others, I'll leave you with this, (but do realize, it is NOT first-hand information that Matt Fletcher left for Talent Works, took his assistant and his entire roster with him; so take it for what its worth):

http://www.deadline.com/2013/0...evive-kids-division/

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:

A'ight, so SAM's w/ Greene & Assosh.

Posts: 132 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who heads the theatrical youth department and adult department for Mavrick Artists Agency? Their former youth agent went over to Prestige Talent Agency.

Posts: 89 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Bump! This needs to be at the top. This is invaluable.

Posts: 8 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: February 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally got around to putting this list together. I'm sure it's not complete. I don't know a lot of the starter agencies in town. And the order is fairly subjective but I feel comfortable with the categories. Feel free to chime in with corrections and omissions.

CAA
WME
UTA
ICM Partners
Resolution

Gersh
Paradigm
APA
Innovative

Talentworks
Abrams Artists
Buchwald
SMS
IFA
Stone Manners
Greene and Associates
Kohner
KSR
Domain
Momentum

AKA
Amsel-Eisenstadt & Frazier
Bauman-Redanty & Shaul
CESD
Chasin
David Shapira
House of Representatives
Gage Group
Glick
Global Artists
GVA
Metropolitan
Osbrink
Pakula King
Pantheon
Peter Strain
Rebel
Sovereign

Angel City
Aqua
Avalon
Bobby Ball
Culbertson Group
Daniel Hoff
Defining Artists
Coast to Coast
Connor Ankrum
Corsa Agency
Ellis Talent Group
Hervey Grimes
Mavrick Artists Agency
Media Artists Group
Origin
Progressive
Rogers Orion
Savage
Stevens Group

Baron
Bicoastal
Cavaleri & Associates
Nancy Chaidez Agency
Jamie Ferrar Agency

Question, I have training from some of the best schools in Chicago, and I have been booking commercials. % now to be exact. How much "respect" is needed to submit to these guys?

Posts: 66 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally got around to putting this list together. I'm sure it's not complete. I don't know a lot of the starter agencies in town. And the order is fairly subjective but I feel comfortable with the categories. Feel free to chime in with corrections and omissions.

CAA
WME
UTA
ICM Partners
Resolution

Gersh
Paradigm
APA
Innovative

Talentworks
Abrams Artists
Buchwald
SMS
IFA
Stone Manners
Greene and Associates
Kohner
KSR
Domain
Momentum

AKA
Amsel-Eisenstadt & Frazier
Bauman-Redanty & Shaul
CESD
Chasin
David Shapira
House of Representatives
Gage Group
Glick
Global Artists
GVA
Metropolitan
Osbrink
Pakula King
Pantheon
Peter Strain
Rebel
Sovereign

Angel City
Aqua
Avalon
Bobby Ball
Culbertson Group
Daniel Hoff
Defining Artists
Coast to Coast
Connor Ankrum
Corsa Agency
Ellis Talent Group
Hervey Grimes
Mavrick Artists Agency
Media Artists Group
Origin
Progressive
Rogers Orion
Savage
Stevens Group

Baron
Bicoastal
Cavaleri & Associates
Nancy Chaidez Agency
Jamie Ferrar Agency

~~~bump~~~

Did someone generate a list of starter agencies that could be added to this?

Posts: 58 | Location: LA, CA | Registered: October 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Baron Entertainment got into a lot of trouble with many of the major casting sites like LACasting and Casting Frontier because the founder tried to create a competing website that failed.

Yes, those sites are mostly for commercial, but Baron will only take you theatrically if you go across the board.

So strike Baron off of that list.

Posts: 2111 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henderson:

Aqua
Rogers Orion
Stevens Group
Bicoastal
Cavaleri & Associates
Nancy Chaidez Agency
Jamie Ferrar Agency

~~~bump~~~

Did someone generate a list of starter agencies that could be added to this?

These are considered starter level