home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Nick Roses at Lewis and Beal Agency
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nick Roses at Lewis and Beal Agency Login/Join

Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I don't think it was "kids" specifically, he had to stay away from managing/coaching/anything talent for a while, and he has served his time and then was clear to do it again.

Otherwise, anyone should be able to step forward and let the court know he was violating his sentence. One would think.

That would be a very short time he stayed away, though.

Posts: 60 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Still, I could not trust an agent that could hire him after that.

Posts: 47 | Location: Southeast | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Nick Roses, but I've been signed with LBT theatrically for almost a year and I'm extremely happy with them. I go out pretty regularly for a variety of roles ranging from co-star to series regular roles and the team there (including Jackie) is very personable and responsive.

Just my 2 cents worth Smiler

Posts: 0 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Just bumping up this thread because I just received word directly from LBT that
NICK ROSES NO LONGER WORKS THERE.

He was there for 8 months and is now moving on to PANTHEON.

I will post this again in the kids' section just because I know people don't always read both forums.

Posts: 97 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
I'm speechless.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1062 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can a known scumbag continue to find jobs, now Pantheon? Their reputation now takes a hit. How can he be worth the hassle/stigma?

Posts: 1 | Location: 91202 | Registered: May 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Damn, I just threw up on my keyboard.

Secret Agent Man
Back Stage Columnist

Posts: 1062 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you so much for this information.. and I'm glad I read through it all to see that he is no longer there... As I was recently approached by Jackie to sign my son to LB Talent.

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Didn't change my view of LB Talent much. Good luck with that.

Posts: 60 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
LB had issues from the get go.

Posts: 465 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MommaBree:
thank you so much for this information.. and I'm glad I read through it all to see that he is no longer there... As I was recently approached by Jackie to sign my son to LB Talent.

Hey MommaBree - I wouldn't really put much faith in a company that would hire Nick after all that has gone on. Sure they got rid of him now but the fact that they hired him AFTER they knew about his problems is a little disturbing, don't you think? Jackie knew what was going on with him, she should have known better. Well, she did know better but choose to ignore the problem. Not a person or company that I would want my kid with. Just my nickel's worth.

Posts: 4 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mom2enr - yeah I've been reading up more on them. At this point am very uneasy about them, and becasue of the affiliation I just cant put my kid in that sort of situation.

Is it wrong so early in his career to still take the meeting with them even if i'm completely against him signing there? For him to get interview experience?

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MommaBree:
Is it wrong so early in his career to still take the meeting with them even if i'm completely against him signing there? For him to get interview experience?

I don't have any knowledge of the company other than what I've read. But in general there's no benefit in associating with shady characters. Interviewing with a shady person is different from interviewing with someone who's not, so you won't gain the experience you're looking for. And being new, you won't know the difference. More importantly, you don't want to put yourself in a position where you might be pressured to accept representation from a company that's not in your best interest. If they put on a good face and offer representation, the slope will become very, very slippery.

You will never be sorry for walking away from a person/company/project that feels shady to you. Once you accept that and act on it, other doors will open.

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I don't see any harm in interviewing with Jackie for practice.

Posts: 465 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My 2 cents is - why would you EVER subject your child to an IMO unethical woman or company? There's no practice in the world that would make me do that! For me, it has no bearing on Nick Roses no longer being there, he was an employee, so I look at the people that hired him and they're still there! If you want your child to have experience in meetings then pay for a private class and have the teacher do interviews, different questions, scenarios, etc...but don't put him in front of people who you would not associate with. Would you let your child hang out with druggies just to gain experience on drugs? No you wouldn't...

Posts: 13 | Location: LA | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post