home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Nick Roses at Lewis and Beal Agency
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nick Roses at Lewis and Beal Agency Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted
Just an FYI...

According to his Twitter, convicted criminal Nick Roses is now working at Lewis and Beal Talent Agency.

I hope that true industry professionals will consider whether or not they should work with a 21 year old convicted criminal or a CHILDREN'S agency that employs one.

Posts: 92 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Well, unless you tell us what he was convicted of, I don't appreciate you throwing out how the industry should consider if they want to work with LBT or not. You can't assume that everyone on this board knows him or what he was convicted of - so don't put that comment out there unless you're going to back it with what he did and is relevant to working with children.

Posts: 12 | Location: LA | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bringing this up, henryshowbiz! I'm appalled, even though it was not a secret that Jackie Lewis was friends with Nick Roses.

Posts: 53 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Trillian - your "being appalled" made me more curious so I looked him up. I can only find he was charged but can't find anything stating he was convicted... please PM me as this can directly affect my child. Thanks~

Posts: 12 | Location: LA | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Hi, Gardy, you can do a search right here on BackStage Forum - http://bbs.backstage.com/group...&reqWords=nick+roses

You will find links to the Vanity Fair article about him early last year.

He was fired from Luber Roklin when the whole thing came up, but apparently he managed to keep working in the industry. I wouldn't trust him.

Posts: 53 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Daaaang! At first I was pissed that it seemed like Henry was slandering LBTs reputation cuz he was soo vague - now my head's spinning! SUCKS!

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Gardy,

Henry knows the story on this......def proceed with caution.

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 36 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Apparently he was just hired and is a friend of the family.

Posts: 69 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Gardy, for future reference, YOU should do the research before you yell at someone else. I would wager that most people on this forum knew exactly what Henry was talking about.

This is in my opinion a very troubling situation.

Posts: 45 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
hey there maewest..yes i'll definitely give that to you but on the flip, im a girlfriend whos gonna defend my boyfriend until i find out hes been cheating on me, ya know. i saw after that henry posted in the childrens forum and included a link and thats exactly what i meant but backing it up. had i seen that first i wouldnt of what you called yell at him... but i dont agree that most people on here know about, not all of us esp parents with young kids are seasoned forum viewers and posters. i dont offended as im very straight to the point but dont tell me to do my research when someone blasts my agent with nothing for me to go off of. i loooov henry! cuz of his posts, changes are a comin' Smiler

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Wow. This is weird.

Posts: 202 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
BTW, Henry is Anne Henry who cofounded BizParentz.org, the foremost advocate for families to navigate the entertainment biz.

Posts: 495 | Location: Cortlandt Manor, NY | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
SORRY Maemidwest - I meant Midwest2LA. No wonder you put this is weird. At first I was like, what? calls me weird for now my kid not keeping an agent during pilot season cuz of this but then realized it wasn't you. Sorry!

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryshowbiz:
Just an FYI...

According to his Twitter, convicted criminal Nick Roses is now working at Lewis and Beal Talent Agency.

I hope that true industry professionals will consider whether or not they should work with a 21 year old convicted criminal or a CHILDREN'S agency that employs one.
No one will care because they just want auditions. Hopefully the kid's parents do their research and not just post blindly like gardy.

Posts: 325 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Haha! I didn't even notice that actually. I just meant it was weird that Lewis and Beal took him on considering...

Wink
No harm, no foul.

Mae

Posts: 202 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post