home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Voice and Singing    Voice Over, Copy, Training and Demos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voice Over, Copy, Training and Demos Login/Join

posted
So, I'm trying to get into voice over, Animation and video games specifically. Where could I find copy online to practice or find material for my demo? Where are some good places to train? and where are good places to record a demo? Like everyone else, kind of a budget

DM

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your trying to get work in L.A. you have to be trained at voice overs because you're competing against the best in the business. Even for non-union work the talent pool in L.A. is top notch. I'd look into taking classes to perfect and refine your skills. Then you'll know you have the chops to really compete. Also, you want your demo produced professionally because, once again, if it sounds home-brewed you want get calls from casting agents or production companies. I took classes here and learned a ton and got a killer demo: Aliso Creek Voice Over Classes

Good luck!

Posts: 1 | Location: Pasadena CA | Registered: May 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post