home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Big Picture  Hop To Forums  Top Five Lists    Top 5 Overated Actors/Actresses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top 5 Overated Actors/Actresses Login/Join

Picture of jenajenajena
posted Hide Post
1-johnny depp
2-katherine zeta jones
3-Robert Downey Jr.
4-heather graham
5-jessica alba

We made all popular certification study guides, so that you can materialize the dream of your achievement.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: February 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
1) Leo dicaprio
2) jen garner
3)helen mirren
4)rob deniro
5)ryan gosling

Posts: 126 | Location: Boston | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
Why Helen Mirren? She does one solid performance after another.

I think Leo has gotten better especially since working with Scorsese. That did something for him. With the exception of "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" I could never stand him until Scorsese.

Robert DeNiro is pretty much given jobs now for being "mobster-ish." I can't remember anything notable in the past several years.

Posts: 2136 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Most celebrity actors are overrated. It isn't that they aren't good. It's just that there are hundreds of actors that don't have a pot to piss in who could be just as good or better if they got the chance.

Another problem in rating screen actors is that you can't always tell what some of them could be capable of if allowed. It's like they have this one thing they get paid to do and that is all they are allowed to do. A case in point was Steve McQueen. He got so sick of playing the same part over and over again that he financed his own production of AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE that would have been a departure for him. The company making his next movie bought it up and shelved it because they didn't want it tainting his brand. Robert Redford was also once asked about why he gave such an indifferent performance in THE GREAT GATSBY to which is reply was, "I could have played the part very well, but I was paid all those millions of dollars to present Bob Redford." There is probably a lot of that going on with some of these "overrated" people so I won't judge too harshly unless they consistently suck. And those actors aren't highly rated anyway.

Posts: 154 | Location: Hollywood Hills | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
@ Gyo big ups for the insight i never knew that's how the business was done.It's like they own you ,you have no say in nothing.It's true they are all overrated.Is the ones that are considered the best .Gyo who do you feel that's out now that is currently not overrated thats a good actor/actress?

Posts: 126 | Location: Boston | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I don't know. It's okay by me as long as their acting is truthful within their casting range and I disagree with some of the actors that have been mentioned being overrated in the sense it is mainly being discussed. Like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey, Jr., Jessica Chastain and Helen Mirren? Whatever. I also think Heather Graham gets unfairly maligned. Her look limits her casting but I think she is golden at what she gets hired to do and those types of parts are harder to pull off than you would think.

I could analyze how demanding the different roles they have played are but I don't know them and I don't know if they prepared them independently or if they had an expensive coach spoon feed them all their prep work and hold their hands on set. There are too many variables to judge. I will say that besides the people I already mentioned, I do not think that Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Ralph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman, Juliette Binoche, Viola Davis, Julianne Moore, Judy Dench or Cate Blanchett are overrated. They have all brought something special and unique to every role I have seen them in and they are by reputation excellent stage actors as well.

quote:
Or another example is The Big Bang Theory. The cast and show is brilliant. But do you think those actors (well maybe excluding Kaley Cuoco and even John Galecki) could do well in film? NOT really.
I think Jim Parsons could have some great film roles in him playing certain types of criminal masterminds and whatnot.

Posts: 154 | Location: Hollywood Hills | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post