Still trying to decide on mine, Any lists out there??
I can NEVER catch any of these folks acting!
I agree. I'm not too familiar with Tracy or Grant's work but the first three are flawless. I've been watching a lot of Idris Elba lately.
Idris did an amazing job as Mandela.
Yeah definitely check out Tracy and Grant.
I once watched this video of interviews with Robert Duvall, Rod Steiger, and many others and they kept on mentioning Spencer Tracy.
Robert De Niro will it be for me.
De Niro actually got a hack cab license and ferried people around New York in full 12-hour shifts, despite the fact that the film was as much about actual cab driving as Game of Thrones is about feudal economics.
Then, for Raging Bull, De Niro played the role of real-life boxer Jake LaMotta. To make sure the scenes where he beat people close to death were accurate, he trained his ass off almost every day, sometimes with LaMotta himself. De Niro was so intense with his training that he ended up breaking LaMotta's ribs and teeth. Remember, LaMotta was the actual professional boxer.
The real crazy part came after the ass-kicking scenes were shot. For four months, production on the film stopped so De Niro could focus on portraying the fatter, older version of LaMotta by becoming a fatter, older version of himself. During that time, he just ate himself silly, binging on meat, pasta, and anything else that would help him pack on well over 60 pounds of fat.
Ok I'll check them out.
Yes I agree DeNiro is a beast I love watching him perform.
1. Christopher Walkin (For his bazaar uniqueness)
2. Gary Oldman (For his bazaar uniqueness & ability in effortlessly tap into darkness)
3. Jack Nicolson (For his uniqueness)
4. Billy Bob Thorton (For his simple, yet unique way of acting)
5. John Malcovich (For his simple uniqueness)
6. William H. Macey (For his own brand of simple uniqueness)
7. Michael Parks (For his natural insanity)
8. Jet Li (For his death stare)
9. Pruitt Taylor Vince (For his amazing vulnerability)
10. Stanley Tucci (For his precious simplicity)
11. Gene Hackman (For his virility)
12. Morgan Freeman (For his natural simplicity)
13. Seth Rogen (For his comedic natural simplicity)
1. Angelina Jolie (For her feminine wildness)
2. Charlize Theron (For her emotions)
3. Maria Sorvino (For her simplicity)
4. Mia Jovovich (For her unique way of portraying a woman's emotions)
5. Fairuza Balk (For her evil feminine nature)
6. Amanda Pete (For her feminine nature)
7. Helena Bohnom Carter (For her feminine nature)
8. Hillary Swank (For her emotions)
9. Tilda Swinton (For her ability to embrace male energy & nature)
10. Amy Adams (For her innocence)
11. Joey Loren Adams (For her ability to be blunt with men)
12. Audrey Tautou (For her unique childish innocence)
13. Julieanne Moore (For her minimalist perfection)
14. Tea Leoni (For her heightened agitation)
15. Chloe Grace Moretz (For her combination of adult & child realism & making melodramatics look & feel completely real. And her spontaneous ability to tap into darkness)
16. Mary Lynn Rajskub (For her ability to be rude, likable, personality disordered and watchable all at the same time)
17. Sarah Clarke (For her ability to turn on a dime from good to evil)
18. Anna Kendrick (For her pure innocence)
19. 108-- Oh, I'm sorry. You don't know who she is. That's okay, the others are plenty to think about.
Meryl Streep has already been mentioned and is our greatest living actor of either sex imho, so I'll leave her off. Other than her, I learn something every time I watch a movie with any of these actors in a big role:
Philip Seymour Hoffman
spot on. Nuff said.
Thank you so much for a list that isn't just the same old same old!! Yes, Meryl Streep, Robert "Bobby" De Niro, etc. etc are great, but it is so refreshing to see someone offer some alternative choices.
I would honestly say my big one would be for Joe Spinell, who oozed sleaziness in everything he touched, regardless of budget level, director cred, etc. I have always loved those anomlies who are in classics amoung clasics, and then do direct to video sleazy quickies (well...grindhouse in his day) and back again with complete abandon!
A modern equivelent could be Brad Douriff.
1.) Mark Rylance
2.) Gary Oldman
3.) Jeff Bridges
4.) Amy Adams
5.) Christian Bale
Deniro & Streep excluded as well
Every character they plan is unique and alive that you almost almost forget they are acting.
1. Robin Williams
2. Robert De Niro
3. Gregory Peck
4. Meryl Streep
5. John Lithgow
It's really hard for me to give a list. I watch a lot of movies and use anything I see, and make it my own.
More than ten but worth looking at they have master the art of acting.
1. Meryl Streep
3. Morgan Freeman
4. Matthew McConaughey
5. Cate Blanchett
6. Brad Pitt
7. Diane Keaton
8. Susan Sarandon
9 Natalie Portman
10. Reese Witherspoon
12. Hilary Swank
13. Charlize Theron
14. Penelope Cruz
15. Johnny Depp
16. Denzel Washington
17. Robert De Niro
18. Al Pacino
19. Samuel L. Jackson
20. Tom Hanks
21. Clint Eastwood
22. Jack Nicholson
23. Tommy Lee Jones
24. Anthony Hopkins
25. Will Smith
26. Bryan Cranston
|Powered by Social Strata|