home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Secret Agent Man    Debra Manners Talent Agency
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Debra Manners Talent Agency Login/Join

Julia Roberts
posted Hide Post
Nothing I said was from the internet. It was all from a first hand account from a very good friend of mine.

I am NOT giving all the details I have as my friend doesn't want his identity to be revealed. I think he's being paranoid as he no longer has any contact with her... but I promised.

Then again, her new office is less then a block from where she used to live... so maybe my friend should be scared.

Posts: 720 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. I am shocked to read this kind of irresponsible chatter about Debra. Have any of you actually met her or worked with her? She's great!

Debra Manners worked as the top children's agent at Daniel Hoff for YEARS, was incredibly well-respected. She was my son's agent and worked hard to rep him well. She had him out on auditions at 4-6 times a week in commercials, tv, film and voice overs, and Debra had great, solid advice for him. He's taken a long hiatus to get braces, play football, etc, but I would go back to Debra directly if he ever wanted to get back into acting.

I actually googled her name to try to find her again, and was disappointed to see this kind of chat with NO back up from any of you.

We owe Debra a ton of thanks for launching my son's successful acting career as a young boy. I'm looking forward to tracking her down and catching up.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was with debra for about 4 years at daniel hoff, she was the best rep ive had. she gave me some of the best habits as an up and coming actor and they work.

as far as the stone manner thing, her brother works at stone manner and they are on great terms, she was with daniel hoff and now i do believe she has her own management company. i recommend her as an agent/manager because she really strives for you.

Posts: 2 | Location: los angeles | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree with Tlake, debra was and still is amazing. her brother works at stone manner and they are on great terms, and she is one of the best agents out there.

Posts: 2 | Location: los angeles | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please dont' listen to the negative garbage posted here. Debra Manners is the hardest working agent I've ever seen. She's like the Energizer Bunny. She was with The Daniel Hoff Agency running the Childrens Department. If Debra Manners is repping you, no one will work harder for you. And on top of that, she's not just into the dollars like some of the commercial agents are. She's into acting!!! Once you have a few agents under your belt, you'll appreciate an agent that is into your career and not into submitting you just to get the highest paying commercial or print work money, or even worse, waiting for a casting director to call and ask for you. If you book a one day co-star role...it's all good to her! Stop lieing out there!

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles, CA. | Registered: March 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Debra and she is an absolutely amazing person and a great agent. She is highly respected and a very hard worker.

Posts: 1 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
If you search IMDB for Debra Manners then Debra Manners talent you are going to see 2 diff pages, one says manager and one agent.

There is only one agent listed Debra Manners and maybe 10 clients with limited credits?? I want to clarify that I am only saying what I saw on IMDB and I dont know anyone repped by them.

Posts: 4 | Location: LA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I dont know man....I think i would come on here and post about the price of tea in China or something for a while so that I wouldnt step in with 1 post and try to defend somebody....it looks weird.

"Its the struggle that makes it great"

Posts: 49 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Haha Ashlee, that's exactly what I was thinking! The only supporters signed up just to post on this topic?

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Julia Roberts
posted Hide Post
...or the same supporter who signed up three times.

And by the way, everything I said was in regards to the time period in which she was expelled from Stone Manners... I do't know, she might have been a great agent before that, maybe she wasn't a raging alcoholic when she was at Daniel Hoff. And I have no information about her in regards to the last couple years either.

But I wouldn't sign with her.

Posts: 720 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok as far as I know, she was not expelled from Stone Manners, she left the Daniel Hoff Agency on bad terms. I think people are confused because she is related to the owner of Stone Manners. She is a manager now, but I think that's only because that was easier than starting her own agency. Honestly, I've had some personal experience with her and known some actors that were repped by her as a manager and most of us found her to be pretty crazy and irrational. She does seem to get people out on a lot of auditions, but they are largely unpaid student projects or small theater gigs. Her only successful client that I'm aware of is a kid who is repped by her brother at Stone Manners and was likely a favor to get her management company started. I've also witnessed her verbally threatening a client who couldn't make a student film audition. An actor I worked with was literally living in fear of her, waiting desperately for their contract to run out. Our director also advised this same actor to not include her logo on their headshot when they auditioned for the Daniel Hoff agency because they apparently don't want anything to do with her anymore. Sketchy stuff. She may have been a great agent, but now I think she's pretty much just a loose cannon.

Posts: 5 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me chime in here. I'm no longer an actor and have been out of the business for a few years but i was repped by Debra Manners for 3 years while she was with Danny Hoff. On one hand, Debra cares deeply about her clients. On the other hand, she is not a stable person and is prone to intense mood swings and I think she has bipolar disorder. She also is a bit of a narccist and thinks she is greater than she is. I was there during the Danny Hoff break up. She left on bad terms. It was really a matter of Debra having somewhat of a nervous breakdown and Danny not really knowing how to deal with it. As far as I know, Debra's biggest client is Spencer Daniels (who Debra discovered) and later had him join her brother's agency. She also repped the guy who landed a starring role on the TV show Three Kings (or something like that) but that show got dropped and he ended up leaving her to join a bigger agency.

Bottom line - I would not recommend Debra as an agent. If you don't have other options, then go with her until you find someone better.If you are a good looking guy, be prepared to grow out your hair. She always had a fondness for guys with long hair. I think she's still stuck in an 80's Rocker fantasy. Good Luck!

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UsedToAct:
On one hand, Debra cares deeply about her clients. On the other hand, she is not a stable person and is prone to intense mood swings and I think she has bipolar disorder. She also is a bit of a narccist and thinks she is greater than she is.

Wow, I'm no expert, but I'd say that you're actually doing some form of malpractice or impersonating a psychologist by diagnosing someone in a public forum like this. Didn't even Dr. Drew almost get into some real trouble for this kind of public diagnosing? And HE'S got a LICENSE to diagnose (those he has treated--not someone in the public eye).

What I do know is that its not healthy to try to box a person in and call them a name even if that name seems like a diagnosis.

Listen the whole point here is to get work or try to get work right? Its nice to get work from a person who behaves nicely but even if they dont, its still nice to get work...

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fairness Advocate:
quote:
Originally posted by UsedToAct:
On one hand, Debra cares deeply about her clients. On the other hand, she is not a stable person and is prone to intense mood swings and I think she has bipolar disorder. She also is a bit of a narccist and thinks she is greater than she is.

Listen the whole point here is to get work or try to get work right? Its nice to get work from a person who behaves nicely but even if they dont, its still nice to get work...

Is that what you tell people that work for you while you f--- them in the a--?

Posts: 9 | Location: WORLD | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any new info on this topic? Aside from Iceman's post we don't really have any trustworthy information so I'm still hopeful.

Perhaps SAM can add something new.

Thanks in advance everyone

Posts: 4 | Location: New York | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post